What golf training/practice equipment do you use?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sold my Swingyde (I was already in position), sold my DST Compressor 8 iron (I was already compressing), sold my putting mat (bore no relation to putting on the course), sold my practice mat and driving net (too much hassle to construct and no information about the ball flight).

The only training aid I've used continually and continue to use is the V easy putting/chipping training aid. It's not going anywhere.

How are you off 10 then? Seems like your swing is perfect.!

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Puttout and a generic mat for home use..
All my family use it, and has improved our putting pace

Tell me about this swingyde? what/how/cost/where can i get one?

might also invest in a mirror too.
do I need to pay a lot? its just a mirror with lines yes?

The Swingyde is pretty good - I've had problems with my wrist conditions so its a good tool to use. Put it on your grip and when your in the correct position the bit of plastic cups your arm. I find it very useful so far and its going for practice at home without hit balls. It makes it repetitive motion.
Go on youtube and type in swingyde and there's loads of videos.
Onlinegolf or American golf - £20. or ebay you can get used one's.

the putting mirrors are very good - I need to invest - there more like £30. but worth it. Another tool for putting though is a long then strip of mental - putt the ball on it and putt away - if it falls off you putting stroke was poor. Personally I like the tee peg gate drill.
2 pegs size of putter head and 6" further away 2 more pegs size of the ball. its amazing! or use the 3 foot clock drill! Count how many you make in a row and try and beat it each time! putts the pressure on!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only two I'm currently using are my arc putting mat in the house, with two sleeves of balls as a gate to put through. And also using a piece of rope to help with tempo in the swing.

I have various other training aids, that don't get much use. Putting mirror, tour striker educator, swinggyde, alignment sticks, and a v-easy. Think I need to get using the v-easy as my chipping is shocking, too many thins of fats when chipping/pitching. Think that will be tonight's task to get it out and work on the motion.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How are you off 10 then? Seems like your swing is perfect.!

Ha, nice! It doesn't add up does it?!

I didn't play two consectutive weekends til September last year, away so much with work mainly (some pleasure) but stepping away from the game and coming back periodically is difficult on the short game/putting. Getting much of my travelling out of the way in winter this year so hoping to have a better run at it this season. Played my course for the first time since October 6th yesterday, only managed 6 holes.

FIR = 75%
NGIR = 100%
Putts = 15

:eek:

Oh well. Something to think about in Rio this weekend. ;)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha, nice! It doesn't add up does it?!

I didn't play two consectutive weekends til September last year, away so much with work mainly (some pleasure) but stepping away from the game and coming back periodically is difficult on the short game/putting. Getting much of my travelling out of the way in winter this year so hoping to have a better run at it this season. Played my course for the first time since October 6th yesterday, only managed 6 holes.

FIR = 75%
NGIR = 100%
Putts = 15

:eek:

Oh well. Something to think about in Rio this weekend. ;)

But you said a putting mat is pointless?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But you said a putting mat is pointless?

Yeah for me it is, I have a putter by my desk at work and can roll in putt after putt on the carpet no problem at short range, it just doesn't translate to the course. My course is too far to just pop to for the putting green but I have to mak a concerted effort to stay on there practicing this year whenever I am down there. It's definitely what's letting me down but I know I can crack it with (real!) practice

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Alignment sticks (well, technically they are just normal wooden sticks from the DIY, but they suffice), a putting mirror made from an old CD, dry shampoo, also towels, broken tees, water bottles, little sticks and stones I find on the range ... whatever is available. I also have a putting mat at home and have phases when I use that regularly (at the moment it is sitting rolled up in a corner, though).

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Alignment sticks (well, technically they are just normal wooden sticks from the DIY, but they suffice), a putting mirror made from an old CD, dry shampoo, also towels, broken tees, water bottles, little sticks and stones I find on the range ... whatever is available. I also have a putting mat at home and have phases when I use that regularly (at the moment it is sitting rolled up in a corner, though).

Dry Shampoo is awesome for the driver! really get the feel and instant feedback of where you strike the ball!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
put some of my stuff to very good use.

Alignment sticks.... currently in the garden last used to train Bind weed in one of the flower beds.

Swingyde..... whereabouts unknown?

NSync, used this a fair bit last year, well start of the year, lord knows where it is now though?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
put some of my stuff to very good use.

Alignment sticks.... currently in the garden last used to train Bind weed in one of the flower beds.

Swingyde..... whereabouts unknown?

NSync, used this a fair bit last year, well start of the year, lord knows where it is now though?

I can see the swingyde getting put away after extensive use and then the odd use now and again (generally using it I the house and for general feel)

What's an NSync?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not a fan of it stopping the backswing at 3/4 position. I do like what I think would feel like getting the club through on plane though.

From my use of the swingyde it isn't stopping at 3/4 but at what should be my full swing. It's stopping my overswing which is caused by my incorrect wrist conditions! So it now helps my plane angle's!

Having tried the Nsync but would be interesting to use it one day.