Golf Glove Wear!!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just a thought, but have any of you guys tried playing without a glove?
I don't just mean for a few shots, I mean for at least one complete round.
Many, many years ago I dropped my glove early doors. Played the rest of the round without one, and this was on a hot Spanish day, and realised it quickly became a non-issue.
I've never worn one since, except my MacWets when it's raining.
Try it, you may be surprised.
I did this a while and got lots of calluses. Given how much we are all washing our hands and using sanitiser at the moment I probably wouldn’t recommend this as a lot of people will be suffering from dry skin and it with cause sores.

the reason I did it is I could not find a glove with a decent fitting thumb. I now use zoom golf gloves which are awesome.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Can you explain the changes and where the holes were appearing please

The glove would always wear in the two spots marked below. The mark on the thumb could go from new to full hole in less than 36 holes.

glove.jpg

My original grip would run through the palm like this and be held in a closed fist to all intensive purposes

before.JPG

My current/ new grip runs through the palm like this and is only held by the bottom three fingers the thumb and index only rest on the club

after.JPG

Hope that helps

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The glove would always wear in the two spots marked below. The mark on the thumb could go from new to full hole in less than 36 holes.

View attachment 29466

My original grip would run through the palm like this and be held in a closed fist to all intensive purposes

View attachment 29467

My current/ new grip runs through the palm like this and is only held by the bottom three fingers the thumb and index only rest on the club

View attachment 29468

Hope that helps

Yes thanks for that. I go through the thumb fairly quickly but palm much less. Will see what a change does!