Competition: What golf glove do you wear and why?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Srixon Cabretta Leather in M/L. I prefer gloves in full leather. These are well made, using decent leather, and they fit me like, er, a glove? Decent price of £20 for 2 if bought from the dark side (ie Sports Direct).

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Callaway all-weather all year round

The humidity here destroys all materials. I've seen brand new leather gloves disintegrate in less than 2 holes on more than one occasion (I assume because of poor storage) The callaways give a decent durability/lifespan and haven't let me down & are usually being sold on multi-buy somewhere
In the rain, a pair of Mizuno rain-gloves have done me proud and are great value

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
SG gloves from Ebay, they last as long as any others I've tried, cost peanuts, and do the job well. I dont mind throwing them away when they need to be but I've found them to be pretty durable

D

Deleted member 16999

Kirkland (Costco) Signature Glove, sold in packs of 3, very reasonably priced for a Cabretta leather glove.

Having small hands I also find they are a good fit, many other brands in small either fit the hand width and have big fingers or the fingers are a decent fit, but the hand is too wide.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Used the Footjoy Hyperflex for many years, but switched about 3 years ago to the Callaway Dawn Patrol. Full leather and very durable at a very good price (used to be even better when Costco sold them in packs of 3).

D

Deleted Member 1156

Currently using Rife cabretta gloves from AG. £25 for 3, good value and decent quality.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Footjoy Weathersof.
Why?
Because I just bought a pack of two from the club pro, its what he had plenty of in the shop, seemed like a good deal and I have to spend all the credit I keep winning in the twos sweeps.

Boomy

Visit site
I’ve always used a Footjoy/Titleist Permasoft glove until being tipped off on here to try the Fit 39 glove- 6 weeks in so far and it’s great! Great fit, comfortable, solid grip and has performed well in the wet for a full round - Just hung it up to dry when I got home and as good as new the next day. I’ve not machine washed it yet but will soon. So far I’m really impressed.
6A30E0D7-B493-41B6-AC8D-42E50C44D27D.jpeg9042EF47-9096-4004-99EF-037EA4EB6C16.jpeg

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I think the glove is the most neglected "brand loyalty" thing in my bag. I'll buy whatever decent cabtretta brand the pro (or online) have on a deal at that time in bulk. I could event tell you what is in the bag at the moment. Titleist something I think! :)

BUT, I have tried and rejected the cheaper nonsense you see on eBay etc which fall to bits after 3 holes.

I am very careful about keeping them in sealed bags though. I am more likely to wear the same gloves, but change often in the rain. Having a Powakaddy with an umbrella holder means the gloves and by hung from the umbrella spokes and rotated on wet days if necessary.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Typical, I thought I was settled on FJ, but these Fit39 ones have me intrigued. Someone said they had the same one for 10 years!? What on earth? I may give them a go when I've gone through the two FJ gloves I bought last.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Always buy cabretta leather, though did once experiment with kangaroo leather. Just prefer the feel of them, much softer.

Currently have a Srixon, though I have no brand loyalty and will buy whatever is cheapest when I need a new one.

I do prefer a fastening with a bit of character, and not the old style, I usually stay away from Titleist for that reason

sunshine

Visit site
I have 3 gloves in my bag:
1. A premium glove for playing, with mesh on the back. FJ SciFlex is probably my favourite glove but I don't think it's made any more. Currently have a Puma cabretta glove with orange lycra mesh on the back which is lovely, but I'm brand agnostic.
2. A cheaper glove for range / practice rounds. Currently FJ WeatherSof
3. A wet weather glove. An FJ RainGrip which has been sitting at the bottom of a pocket for years. I'll only use it if my normal glove has got soaked and my hands are really wet.

So although I'm brand agnostic and purchase what is on special offer, I tend to gravitate towards FJ as they are a good fit / comfortable for my hand.

sunshine

Visit site
No glove, rain or shine. tried them a few times and just never understood what all the fuss is about.

Although I wear a glove all year, it's only in summer when it's really hot that a glove is essential for me.

Try playing without a glove in a tropical climate with shiny grips. I did this once and watched the club sail out of my hands on the 1st tee... rather embarrassing in front of the clubhouse :LOL:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Although I wear a glove all year, it's only in summer when it's really hot that a glove is essential for me.

Try playing without a glove in a tropical climate with shiny grips. I did this once and watched the club sail out of my hands on the 1st tee... rather embarrassing in front of the clubhouse :LOL:

I sometimes use weight lifting chalk during the height of humidity - sort out grip and sweat issues.