Golf Monthly forum and FootJoy

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hello all
As I mentioned recently – and you’ve no doubt seen from new forum graphics - FootJoy have come on board as our title partner.
FJ have been long-term supporters of all things Golf Monthly and the guys there feel the GM Forum is one of the most passionate online communities for serious golfers so are keen to work with us on some exciting things. The FJ Forum Challenge at Liphook last week was just the start!
Below are just a few of the ideas we’re working with FJ on that you can expect to see come to life over the coming weeks and months
Stay tuned so you don’t miss out!

Take it to the Tour
This will be your chance to put forward questions on anything to do with golf to some of FJ’s Brand Ambassadors from the PGA and European Tours.

Tech Talk
Q&A discussion sessions with FJ experts where you can find out everything you’ve ever wanted to know about FJ shoes, gloves, apparel, socks, Tour players, etc

First Look
This is your chance to get exclusive sneak peeks of new products that are coming in the future. Watch this space!

Feel The Joy
From time to time we’ll be hosting competitions with chances to win anything from a round at top course with an FJ Tour Pro to the latest FJ gear

FJ Forum Experiences
These might be days out at a top course, going behind the scenes at FJ HQ or the chance to get involved in focus groups to give your feedback on prototype product

Top 100 – your view!
As you probably know FJ support our biennial GB&I Top 100 Rankings and when we release the new rankings in December we’ll be looking for reviews of Top 100 courses that you’ve played – the best will win some great FJ gear

Post Of The Month
FJ want to reward the best post of the month with some gear – we’ll pick a shortlist of the most thought-provoking, considered posts and you’ll help select a winner

Wolf

Visit site
This is simply what you call a partnership done right.. Good work GM & FJ will look forward to all that is coming and take part as much a possible

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently ordered contour shoes from FJ got measured by my pro on a Branock,
Order
L 9 wide
R 10 e wide.
Best shoes I have ever worn , I hate new shoes as they always hurt until broken in .
These are a joy to wear because they fit me properly no compromising size because my feet are different sizes.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the idea that a major manufacturer is looking and listening to its most important customers, the average golfer. the people that buy their products and are far better qualified imo to give feedback on said products .well done GM and FJ looking forward to all things coming to fruition.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
How about setting up a FJ section of its own where we can give feedback that will be good, poor and indifferent on our FJ purchases.

A good business will always listen and take onboard all feedback from its target audience, so if they want to interact with us, what better way than for us to share our positive experiences and frustrations when wearing their products in a special section that isn’t lost amongst many other pages & topics.

In this section they could offer tips and best practices on how to look after our FJ purchases to get the best out of them and to ensure we keep within the guarantees & warranty’s.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Start by asking why they don't make a comfortable pair of shoes these days!

Donkey's ago I lived in my Dryjoys. Now I struggle to find a FJ shoe that is even remotely comfortable for me.

Just bought three new pairs of shoes and once again couldn't find a comfortable FJ shoe! Why? They used to have the golf shoes market sewn up!

Last edited:

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Donkey's ago I lived in my Dryjoys. Now I struggle to find a FJ shoe that is even remotely comfortable for me.

Just bought three new pairs of shoes and once again couldn't find a comfortable FJ shoe! Why? They used to have the golf shoes market seen up!

You probably need to get fitted properly.

A lot of Pro's carry full sizes only and not always half sizes.

Again most stock the normal width shoes, when there are 3 or 4 width choices available.

Got a few pairs of Pro Sl and Tour S - no issues with comfort.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You probably need to get fitted properly.

A lot of Pro's carry full sizes only and not always half sizes.

Again most stock the normal width shoes, when there are 3 or 4 width choices available.

Got a few pairs of Pro Sl and Tour S - no issues with comfort.

Previously I've owned Dryjoys and they were superb, now they are just ill fitting and uncomfortable. Personally I think they've rested on their laurels and been over taken by sports shoe manufacturers.

D

Deleted member 15344

Previously I've owned Dryjoys and they were superb, now they are just ill fitting and uncomfortable. Personally I think they've rested on their laurels and been over taken by sports shoe manufacturers.
I believe their quality has dropped - over the past 4 years I have sent 5 pairs of FJ shoes back to them due to leaking issues and grips issues.

I only wear the Pro SL from them and whilst they take a while to wear in they are comfy - just a shame the grips on the bottom keep coming off. They have also got very expensive over the years

D

Deleted member 1418

I believe their quality has dropped - over the past 4 years I have sent 5 pairs of FJ shoes back to them due to leaking issues and grips issues.

I only wear the Pro SL from them and whilst they take a while to wear in they are comfy - just a shame the grips on the bottom keep coming off. They have also got very expensive over the years

My Tour-S are quality! Best shoe I've had!!

D

Deleted member 1147

For me the Pro SL's have been fantastic, up there in comfort terms with Nike's trainer style shoes. They too feel like slippers, straight out of the box!

The more classic, formal looking, leather type shoes have never been comfy for me however.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My Pro SL’s are really comfy, but the first pair leaked after 9 months and the replacements have leaked after 5 months! 9+5 = 14 so now they’re out of warranty and so now I’m not happy.

It would seem you have to push the boat out towards buying Ecco Bioms to get real waterproof shoes, anything less even though paying out £100+, are clearly not up to it.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just bought three new pairs of shoes and once again couldn't find a comfortable FJ shoe! Why? They used to have the golf shoes market sewn up!

From all that I have read when researching which shoes would be good for me, I learned that Footjoy (I believe) change the last occasionally and they have many different types for the different styles of shoes they make. See if the last for Dryjoys has changed, if it has see if you can find out which one was used during the period you had comfortable Dryjoys. Also as written above get properly fitted. I was wearing size 10 normal shoes as I have wide feet, I got fitted at a Footjoy fitting and found a 9.5 in wide was what I needed, now all I buy are Footjoy shoes.

D

Deleted member 21258

Brilliant opportunities, there must have been a lot of effort put in by both sides over this and their sponsorship of the challenge at H4H was very generous.(y)

Please don't let jobr1850 win anything, he won enough at H4H :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: