Club Knockouts 2023

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would say, don't feel like you have to go all out for pars and birdies when he's getting 2 shots on holes. Just be patient and wait for his blow-up car-crash holes to come. Because they will. People with handicaps in the 40s are generally blobbing 4 or 5 holes per round, so you can win them just by being sensible.

D

Deleted member 25575

Go hard from hole one, fire at pins, make a few early birdies demoralise him

Mandofred

Visit site
I think that the best approach for you would be to...

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER.
Ahhhh.....love Galaxy Quest.
giphy.gif

AJNairn

Visit site
Use your shots well! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, just play your own game! Nothing you can really do about how he plays - unlike some other sports! Don't be your own worst enemy and change the way you play simply because you are, presumably, giving him/her a lot of shots - because they are, presumably, needed! Accept (s)he'll win some holes, even by playing well and that it'll likely be a stop start round!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
That’s nearly 2 shots a hole even for me! 😮

I’ve a mate off 32hcp and it’s a nightmare when you’re marking his card and having a bad game just to see him play the same and get twice the points! That however is the wonderful handicap system!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That’s nearly 2 shots a hole even for me! 😮

I’ve a mate off 32hcp and it’s a nightmare when you’re marking his card and having a bad game just to see him play the same and get twice the points! That however is the wonderful handicap system!
My mate who we gave a 43 hcp at the weekend got 2 points for his triple bogey 6 at a par 3 that matched my 2 points for par. 🧐

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My mate who we gave a 43 hcp at the weekend got 2 points for his triple bogey 6 at a par 3 that matched my 2 points for par. 🧐
It is a hard school. When I ran our winter league, others would say max it at 28 so had to remind them that would only penalise him and the whole point of the league was to have some fun with lads we don’t see the rest of the year.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Acceptance and patience. He’s not off the handicap he has for no good reason. He will serious mess up holes quite regularly, and by playing steady and not chasing a score on any hole you will put pressure on him that he won’t be able to handle and he’ll mess up.

Last edited: