Changes to WHS in April 2024

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you decimal places.

I was double checking my CHs last night after seeing my CH was the same on both our long and our short course.
The short course is basically one of the par 5s becomes a par 4 and a par 4 becomes a par 3 so 2 shots off the par

It was all about the decimal points on one I was x.4... on the other I was x.5... so rounding took me to the same CH.

YandaB

Visit site
Has anyone else had any experience with expected scores on closed holes yet? Ours seem unexpectedly low! Instead of net par it's now better than gross par with little variation across the board. Our first competition only had one hole closed so not particularly noticeable, our latest had 3 holes closed and questions are now being asked.

wjemather

Visit site
Has anyone else had any experience with expected scores on closed holes yet? Ours seem unexpectedly low! Instead of net par it's now better than gross par with little variation across the board. Our first competition only had one hole closed so not particularly noticeable, our latest had 3 holes closed and questions are now being asked.
dotgolf (the WHS software supplier across GB&I) is working on it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Adjusted to make up for initial unfathomable outcomes from PCC🤣🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, this is the most recent "Update News" post in the admin portal on IG. It certainly wasn't sent to everyone by IG.

"Please only raise a ticket..." highlights that it was not intended for general distribution as members do not have this facility.
Sounds we had our golf manager click on the ‘send to all members’ button as suggested by @D-S

D-S

Visit site
This is an extract from an EG memo on this:-
“When Expected Score is used, the scoring record will show as (*), this is because an adj gross score cannot be calculated. It will only generate a Score Diff.™ this is because of the accuracy of how-to algorithm.
In terms of how/when it’s calculated, Expected Score always needs a “9-hole loop” Course Rating™ and Slope Rating™ included within the calculation, the 9-hole loop can either be a front 9, a back 9 or potentially a composite. So for 9-hole upscaling it is not a problem, the problem occurs when we play between 10-17 holes.”

They are hoping for a resolution in the next day or so

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One place I am a member of sent an excellently worded message on Monday telling folk the changes have gone live and saying we should manually update our app if we were not on version 2.5.whatever.

The other club, well, I think we still have a few asking if CSS has gone up!🤣🤣
Just received an email telling us to update the app

We had a comp on Saturday.😳

Probably why the results still havnt been posted.
Not like they didn’t have any notice!

wjemather

Visit site
Just received an email telling us to update the app

We had a comp on Saturday.😳

Probably why the results still havnt been posted.
Not like they didn’t have any notice!
The app didn't need updating until Monday, when the changes came into effect.

Your comp results not appearing is mostly likely an unrelated issue.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have auto update apps on all devices... I left one to see what would happen. No update received so far. I had to load the updated version manually on all of them.

This is standard behaviour. Those who want the app update will search for it and update.
Updating automatically doesn’t mean you get it as soon as it gets released, it can take a few days or a week before the auto update kicks in.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The app didn't need updating until Monday, when the changes came into effect.

Your comp results not appearing is mostly likely an unrelated issue.
We had one Monday as well, that’s not up either!

It was a dual day comp sat and mon .
Saturdays result was posted but went missing on Monday.

Genu9

Visit site
I was aiming at the designers, programmers and 'testers'
Ah! The 'testers'. And therein lies the problem. 'User testing' is the only recognised way to test a system. Users don't think like programmers. Users should write a test plan, define the objective and data to be used, then give the expected result. Then, and only then, test the software.
Were any 'end users' involved in testing?

YandaB

Visit site
Ah! The 'testers'. And therein lies the problem. 'User testing' is the only recognised way to test a system. Users don't think like programmers. Users should write a test plan, define the objective and data to be used, then give the expected result. Then, and only then, test the software.
Were any 'end users' involved in testing?
Testing.jpg