2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine

Visit site
regardless of who wins, the LIV element has added huge media traction to this event.

Reed the pantomine baddie has added interest and created headlines. Nothing to do with Liv, you just can't help shoe horning it into every post. So obvious you are being paid to mention it constantly.

Apologies for feeding the troll.

D

Deleted member 1147

Very pleased for Harry that his player got another win.
Maybe people will give him more credit, and place less blame when Rory doesn’t win.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Even that would have been better. National team of boy/girl playing foursomes then BB and singles medal would have both inclusive and interesting!

I was being serious about the scramble.
That, then a mixed foursomes, then singles on the same course off the same tees.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very enjoyable watch that. Managed to keep my camera and mic off during the full 1 hour zoom meeting and watch most of the golf. What a great start to the week. More Monday finishes please!

Well done Rory. He looked unruffled the whole time until around the 14th/15th when Reed wasn’t relenting, and Mcilroy looked to be a bit critical of himself. How many of us were shouting at that camera man to get out the way so we could see where his drive went on the 18th? And then more shouting ‘please lay up, please lay up’! Lovely stuff.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What was the issue on the Reed thread?

I must have missed something that got peoples knickers in a twist. Real shame we cant discuss one of the most exciting incidents in the game for some time.

BiMGuy

Visit site
What was the issue on the Reed thread?

I must have missed something that got peoples knickers in a twist. Real shame we cant discuss one of the most exciting incidents in the game for some time.
Probably the LiV staff and a few melts getting upset. Or the anti Rory brigade on the forum reporting posts.

Considering what we all witnessed, the photos of his balls (no sniggering at the back) taken at the tournament which clearly show they are marked differently to how he described, and even Matt Wallace say his ball just had a red spot. I’m genuinely amazed how anyone can still try and defend him.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably the LiV staff and a few melts getting upset. Or the anti Rory brigade on the forum reporting posts.

Considering what we all witnessed, the photos of his balls (no sniggering at the back) taken at the tournament which clearly show they are marked differently to how he described, and even Matt Wallace say his ball just had a red spot. I’m genuinely amazed how anyone can still try and defend him.

Was there pictures of his actual golf balls?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Unless you’re 100% sure that his ball wasn’t marked the same as the one he seen, then it’s a non argument.

Would be interesting to know if it happened at your weekly medal what people would do, would they trust who they are playing with to identify it even if it was 40ft up…..
I know people say at the start their ball they are playing but not many people would probably remember (maybe just me though ?)

BiMGuy

Visit site
Unless you’re 100% sure that his ball wasn’t marked the same as the one he seen, then it’s a non argument.

Would be interesting to know if it happened at your weekly medal what people would do, would they trust who they are playing with to identify it even if it was 40ft up…..
I know people say at the start their ball they are playing but not many people would probably remember (maybe just me though ?)

Didn’t he say he always marks his ball with an arrow? There are pictures taken at the tournament that show otherwise.

My weekly medal isn’t one of the so called flagship events on a tour with referees in attendance. I’ve had a ‘discussion’ with a fellow competitor in the past who claimed they could identify their ball in some gorse and clearly couldn’t. One of the main reasons I very rarely play in comps these days is realising that a large number of players are not playing by the rules.

All of my balls are marked in the same way with my initials, even when I play in a casual round. I would expect a tour pro to have their own particular marking.

Swango1980

Visit site

Agreed. We've talked about Reed cheating before. Were posts reported back then?

Or, is it because LIV now exists?

Almost like LIV have infiltrated golf monthly forums to try and keep it relevant in the UK. No idea what posts were reported in that thread, or by whom. But, it's be interesting to know what the motivations were (if not obvious, like swearing would be).

It is honestly safer to discuss politics than LIV.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Agreed. We've talked about Reed cheating before. Were posts reported back then?

Or, is it because LIV now exists?

Almost like LIV have infiltrated golf monthly forums to try and keep it relevant in the UK. No idea what posts were reported in that thread, or by whom. But, it's be interesting to know what the motivations were (if not obvious, like swearing would be).

It is honestly safer to discuss politics than LIV.

What’s been reported?
Just seen the PR thread ?
Not sure what is bad in it though!!

BiMGuy

Visit site
What’s been reported?
Just seen the PR thread ?
Not sure what is bad in it though!!
No idea what’s been reported. I didn’t think there was any unreasonable in there.

Maybe GM towers are worried about possible litigation ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.