2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Wonderful to view Golf from the glorious Pebble Beach area, even though the weather is decidedly murky. Was sunny & a dream yesterday. Have they removed a lot of large trees from Spyglass Hill?

Swango1980

Visit site
Just seen Bale's partner is top of leaderboard, and they are in Top 10 in team event.

The leaders in Team event are on -25. The pro in that team is E!!!!!!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe didn't have the interest of last week's Monday finish, but well done Rosie/Rosey

Wondered whether he’d seen Gavins nearly lose on the last hole, and took appropriate action! Very sensible play, showed his experience. I’ve always liked Rose, wouldn’t mind seeing him as a wildcard in the Ryder cup, bags of experience and character.

Swango1980

Visit site
Wondered whether he’d seen Gavins nearly lose on the last hole, and took appropriate action! Very sensible play, showed his experience. I’ve always liked Rose, wouldn’t mind seeing him as a wildcard in the Ryder cup, bags of experience and character.
Well, if Donald is looking to add any players with plenty of experience, the odds of Rose being selected have certainly increased. Not just by this win, but the fact that several other experienced heads basically ruled themselves out of the running completely in the last year, regardless of how they play.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Guess this is a bit of an historic week, the first 'elevated event' on the PGAT, with the PIP guys virtually mandated to play - helping with a strong field.

Thought this was quite interesting, looking a bit further down the field, and also some thoughts on what next year might look like:
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/...ent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

A few years back when I realised how many punters go through the gates here it was hard not to be impressed. Although it has seemed a bit of a 'marmite' tournament in the past. Wonder if the tumultuous last 8 months or so has moved any views in either direction 🤔

Anyone think they might be looking for friendly pin placements on the stadium par 3?
After the hole in one last year, the crowd behaviour also split the forum... 😁
https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/2022-professional-golf-thread.110822/post-2461996
🍺 🍻 🍺

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Well played Justin. One of my favourite players. Swing looking fabulous. I still think he has a Masters win in him. Interesting that he binned his irons before the tournament & changed to a Cobra set.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Guess this is a bit of an historic week, the first 'elevated event' on the PGAT, with the PIP guys virtually mandated to play - helping with a strong field.

Thought this was quite interesting, looking a bit further down the field, and also some thoughts on what next year might look like:
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/02/06/lynch-pga-tour-field-sizes-wm-phoenix-open/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

A few years back when I realised how many punters go through the gates here it was hard not to be impressed. Although it has seemed a bit of a 'marmite' tournament in the past. Wonder if the tumultuous last 8 months or so has moved any views in either direction 🤔

Anyone think they might be looking for friendly pin placements on the stadium par 3?
After the hole in one last year, the crowd behaviour also split the forum... 😁
https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/2022-professional-golf-thread.110822/post-2461996
🍺 🍻 🍺

Looking forward to the weekend and the shenanigans on the 16th hole - was a little unsure what to make of it last year, but in the main, it brings something to golf that no other traditional tour event does - it will be interesting to see if any measures are taken to tone it down, or if the fans will try and make a point of showing how loud and lairy a PGAT event can get (LIV but LOUDER if you will)

Obviously there are some notable players not there - which is a shame, but I don't think this event will suffer too much because of it.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Christ, imagine having to listen to "heelllllooooo golfmaaates" and "chicken and rice" for four days solid 🤣

Say what you want about Liam but it was fantastic for him to win on the bag what a story

He’s had a great couple of years now Gavins fair play to him hope he can keep kicking on

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looking forward to the weekend and the shenanigans on the 16th hole - was a little unsure what to make of it last year, but in the main, it brings something to golf that no other traditional tour event does - it will be interesting to see if any measures are taken to tone it down, or if the fans will try and make a point of showing how loud and lairy a PGAT event can get (LIV but LOUDER if you will)

Obviously there are some notable players not there - which is a shame, but I don't think this event will suffer too much because of it.
I read another article which went more into how they will try to tone down the 16th a bit, but can't find it now.
This one has some of it ..

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/...16th-hole-2023-waste-management-phoenix-open/

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Despite the fact that I am currently watching it, and will continue to do so, the experience is just confirming that I don't really enjoy the Waste Management.

And, if Coulthard doesn't stop calling it the "people's open" I will have to mute it.

And, watching this is just making me look forward to next week at Riviera even more than I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.