2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Despite the fact that I am currently watching it, and will continue to do so, the experience is just confirming that I don't really enjoy the Waste Management.

And, if Coulthard doesn't stop calling it the "people's open" I will have to mute it.

And, watching this is just making me look forward to next week at Riviera even more than I was.

Same here, just a load of hammered American jocks chucking beer about like idiots, and shouting mashed potato at the top of their voices.

Newtonuti

Visit site
I have a strong dislike of US golf culture, and have zero wish to play golf in the US and to watch the pros playing in tripe like this

They're a nightmare on social media as well. Always saying they can drive it 300 yards, play off single figures etc when they blatantly just lie and cheat their way to a low handicap. Plus all the videos of hammered yanks tipping over golf buggy's is just beyond a joke. We all have the odd beer at the half way house on a nice course, but playing golf to literally just get absolutely steaming isn't my thing by a long way.

evemccc

Visit site
They're a nightmare on social media as well. Always saying they can drive it 300 yards, play off single figures etc when they blatantly just lie and cheat their way to a low handicap. Plus all the videos of hammered yanks tipping over golf buggy's is just beyond a joke. We all have the odd beer at the half way house on a nice course, but playing golf to literally just get absolutely steaming isn't my thing by a long way.

Lest we forget PGA hero Justin Thomas was chugging beers on the tee and geeing the Hazeltine crowd up before his Ryder Cup match

#classy

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Some rain in Singapore today.
See the players are wearing shorts, is this allowed now on the DPWT or just some events?

They took the same decision re shorts when they were here in December due to heat etc but left it late, so lots of folk were already packed with longs

D-S

Visit site
I have a strong dislike of US golf culture, and have zero wish to play golf in the US and to watch the pros playing in tripe like this
Don’t forget groups playing loud music during their round either with their own speakers but now also via in buggy/cart speakers provided for the purpose.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Don’t forget groups playing loud music during their round either with their own speakers but now also via in buggy/cart speakers provided for the purpose.

I think that's pretty cool to be fair! I sometimes stick the radio on, on my phone, when out playing by myself! Usually Talksport too, not music.

Id never use a speaker in the UK and do turn off the radio if I end up anywhere near other golfers though! Always respectful!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The only thing worse to find on a golf course is black socks and shorts...........

D-S

Visit site
I think that's pretty cool to be fair! I sometimes stick the radio on, on my phone, when out playing by myself! Usually Talksport too, not music.

Id never use a speaker in the UK and do turn off the radio if I end up anywhere near other golfers though! Always respectful!
It surprised my wife and I when 2 players who we were paired with at a course outside Washington politely asked us whether we would mind if they played music. We said we didn’t mind, it was unusual but their music choice was harmless enough.
Not sure what would have happened if we refused or if they had played thrash metal loud.
It is apparently a regular source of dispute or annoyance over the pond.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It surprised my wife and I when 2 players who we were paired with at a course outside Washington politely asked us whether we would mind if they played music. We said we didn’t mind, it was unusual but their music choice was harmless enough.
Not sure what would have happened if we refused or if they had played thrash metal loud.
It is apparently a regular source of dispute or annoyance over the pond.

I can see why!

Id never be able to play with thrash metal booming and its not like I'm a grumpy old man! Just cant stand that rubbish!

Bit of country and western though and ill be dancing when I hit a green :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.