2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Rory played some superb irons shots coming down the back 9 but also had to scramble at times around the green

Excellent up and down on the last - to win by ( well should be three prob )

That’s going to hold him in good steed for the coming season.

D

Deleted member 1147

Rory played some superb irons shots coming down the back 9 but also had to scramble at times around the green

Excellent up and down on the last - to win by ( well should be three prob )

That’s going to hold him in good steed for the coming season.

naughty boy, Mel & his evil overlords will be spitting feathers at that one :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think everyone can agree that we've had a pulsating tournament from start to finish.
They had a pretty decent one across the pond too....

So.

Why do we need LIV...?

We had drama, competition that went down to the wire, fantastic play.........what does LIV add to that?
All of the above has always been there.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think everyone can agree that we've had a pulsating tournament from start to finish.

So.

Why do we need LIV...?

We had drama, competition that went down to the wire, fantastic play.........what does LIV add to that?

What have you done......... there is now a reason to repeat all of the points that have already been made fore the umpteenth time

evemccc

Visit site

So.

Why do we need LIV...?

I’m pretty sure I’m the wrong person to answer this, given I have little interest in non-Major golf, but here goes…

‘We’ the general public get lots of things we don’t ask for and do not need. The Hundred in cricket being a prime example…all the propaganda around it contained the ‘need’ to be attracting the best players in the world — despite the fact that two of the very best non-English cricketers of the last decade signed for English counties (Steve Smith and Virat Kohli) outside and regardless of The Hundred

Regards golf and tour golf, aside from Woods and McIlroy, golf doesn’t catch the mainstream audience. A team format could I believe..if it were done well.
Would the DDC have been so exciting (in terms of mainstream reporting) if it has been Pat Reed and A.N. Other?
The actual sport would have been if the finish was the same, but the reporting would have be much less widespread

The tennis world is v worried about the eventual loss of Djokovic and Nadal and Federer….administrators need big stars to sell sponsorships and broadcast deals and those who make money from pro sport want to make money —- but often Joe Public sports fan doesn’t care about that, and why should he?

So perhaps a decent team format would be good at maintaining fans and sponsors…in the eventual absence and retirement of Woods and McIlroy

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Farmers had 12 of the Worlds Top 50 players. Hero Dubai had 9 of the Worlds Top 50 yet Homa picks up 47 world ranking points vs McIlroy's 29.5.... both had equal weight and both played over 72 holes with a cut etc. yet one gets 1.6 times more points than the other. I appreciate this doesn't tell the whole story of the field depth (DPWT only had 1 top 20 player vs 7 for the PGAT) but it does highlight the perceived difference between the tours standing. Also, Patrick Reed jumps 33 places to 57th (granted he never was truly ranked the 90th best player in the world) - potentially shows the importance of DPWT events to players affiliated outside the 'main' tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.