2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its times like this I hate that I gave up my satellite subscription (all it was used for was golf) but i'd have liked it for July

Anyway leader at the Scottish is 4 under after 4, is it too soon for a 59 watch

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Live featured groups feed on ET website for those who might need it (y)

Thanks for the head up.
Also on their YouTube channel, so can be rewatched/watched this afternoon at your leisure.
The classy groups and lack of ads, plus the gentle progression through the whole course make it a guilty pleasure.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Tony Johnson is on comms, and he's a great listen imho.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play events in the UK, big crowds. Need more of them!

Watched Rory this morning, looked like a super course, now I have some chores to do! :)
I went to watch last year, it was not that super in the flesh. Mere peasants can't get to play it anyway so don't worry that it can't go on your bucket list :D . (they did have some very lovely houses on site though :love:)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to watch last year, it was not that super in the flesh. Mere peasants can't get to play it anyway so don't worry that it can't go on your bucket list :D . (they did have some very lovely houses on site though :love:)
Agreed, there must be at least 6 courses within 20 miles that I'd rather play. I've still got G1 and Muirfield to go, if anyone's looking for a member/guest partner...😉

sunshine

Visit site
Play events in the UK, big crowds. Need more of them!

Watched Rory this morning, looked like a super course, now I have some chores to do! :)

Only country outside US where you get a decent crowd for golf.

But the big names hate playing in the UK. It's terrible for their tax burden.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Strategic Alliance week!

Homa, Fowler, Burns, Wyndham, Thomas, Horschel, Woodland, Schauffele, Theegala, Spieth, Cantlay and Scheffler all play the Scottish Open; with Guerrier, Cockerill, Danthorp, Sullivan, Aphibarnrat, De Jager, De Knappe, Portillo etc. all playing on the prestigious PGAT Barbasol Championship..... it does make the Scottish Open far more interesting but it is undoubtedly self-serving for the PGAT and their top ranked players.

Sullivan isn't badly placed, would love to see him win, very likeable guy, hopefully one of the DPWT players win and sets themselves up well for gaining membership next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.