2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine

Visit site
One of our trainee pro’s is playing in a 3 day PGA competition at Bowood this week and we are following his progress online. The leader after day 1 is -11, completed the back 9 in 8 under 😳. Leads by 7 shots. At the other end of the table, one poor guy is +21. Just goes to show we can all have a bit of a mare sometimes

That's very impressive. Especially if he's never played the course before.

At the other end of the leaderboard, there are usually a couple of kids who are pursuing a dream of pro golf but realistically don't have a chance. I remember talking to a guy on the Challenge tour once, and he said that a lot of the lower tours like Jamega etc were filled with kids who are being indulged by their parents and will never make a living from golf.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

D

Deleted member 15344

You’ve missed him anchoring his putter.

The first thing I saw when turning on the golf earlier was his top hand pressed against his chest. How he’s got away with it for so long is a mystery.

So all the referees watching him play are ignoring him break the rules ?

Maybe he isn’t getting away with anything because he isn’t anchoring his putter

Swango1980

Visit site
You’ve missed him anchoring his putter.

The first thing I saw when turning on the golf earlier was his top hand pressed against his chest. How he’s got away with it for so long is a mystery.
Surely if he was doing something so blatantly against the rules, he'd be penalised. Especially if it was common. I don't watch much of him play, so do not know the answer. But, is it not simply a case that he has still managed to use a technique that is within the current rules?

Swango1980

Visit site
The irony

P.S., Regarding the article:

Who on earth does that? I can't imagine a player even doing that at club level, at a club with a fairly "relaxed" approach at enforcing some of the rules. So, at a pro event, I wonder how a player thinks they can just get their card back, knock a couple of strokes off a hole, and for it not to be notcied. Especially when he goes from not making the cut to making the cut.

No one will trust him anymore.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
P.S., Regarding the article:

Who on earth does that? I can't imagine a player even doing that at club level, at a club with a fairly "relaxed" approach at enforcing some of the rules. So, at a pro event, I wonder how a player thinks they can just get their card back, knock a couple of strokes off a hole, and for it not to be notcied. Especially when he goes from not making the cut to making the cut.

No one will trust him anymore.
Yeah I read about this the other day. No idea what came over him. How do you get that far into the golf world and even consider trying that? Maybe he had some kind of mental breakdown over the stress of another missed cut and not making any money. And that's trying to be kind and understand where he's coming from - but as you say, a huge mistake that he will probably never get away from now.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Senior's Open is top viewing this evening. The conditions are absolutely brutal, the flags look as if they are going to be blown off their poles and the sea looks as if the wind will drive it miles inland at any moment.

The golf from the leaders however is just amazing.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Senior's Open is top viewing this evening. The conditions are absolutely brutal, the flags look as if they are going to be blown off their poles and the sea looks as if the wind will drive it miles inland at any moment.

I'd find a way to thin it all the way round!

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s brilliant to watch

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To give you an idea...
Padraig hit a 6 iron from 155 yards on the 14th and came up..........35 yards short and left..
I'd be in the bar....

Status
Not open for further replies.