2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Don't give up the day job Rory....

You'd think after all this time, and after the hundreds, no thousands of interviews Rory has done, he'd know how to respond to these types of questions..

I do wonder if the reporters themselves are having a little side bet to see who can get the most petulant or dumbest answer to a question from Rory.

😂😂😂

That’s quite quick and funny from him

Great answer

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its that kind of nonsense that makes Rory so polarizing to like/dislike. Keep it to the locker room fella (or join the forum and spout it here)

He had the opportunity to be the bigger/better man instead of ripping into an addict & say 'look, i'm not gonna comment on the guys gambling addition...' but once again the gob open & belly rumbling is his go to style

D

Deleted member 29109

Just so I’ve got this right.

Rory having an amusing cheeky little dig a Phil = Baaaad.

Phil gambling on events he’s playing in, whilst he’s playing in them = nothing to see, move along.

I’d say that Phil is the one who should keep his head down and mouth shut for a while. I reckon there could be a decent sized pile of bones in a closet somewhere.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Phil gambling on events he’s playing in, whilst he’s playing in them = nothing to see, move along.

I’d say that Phil is the one who should keep his head down and mouth shut for a while. I reckon there could be a decent sized pile of bones in a closet somewhere.
I'd say both of them need to grow up and stop having weekly digs at each other. Neither come out of these spats looking good imo.

Be more like Jon Rahm 🤷‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Its not bad he said it, its bad he said it in a press conf

There’s plenty things I’d say at the club/on the course that I wouldn’t dream of saying at work… Rory’s at work
Having a pop at a gambling addict (& it was amusing) but surely that's stuff for the locker room not for the front office

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Its not bad he said it, its bad he said it in a press conf

There’s plenty things I’d say at the club/on the course that I wouldn’t dream of saying at work… Rory’s at work
Having a pop at a gambling addict (& it was amusing) but surely that's stuff for the locker room not for the front office
Hard to argue with that but......
Why is he being asked that question anyway....?
Is that the best question they can come up with?
Depressing journalism.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Hard to argue with that but......
Why is he being asked that question anyway....?
Is that the best question they can come up with?
Depressing journalism.

Yeah I agree, he's definitely being 'set up' by the media and he's not inclined (or not smart enough) to dodge it without canceling his press conf completely, just as he has been doing recently

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Phil has said he would never bet on the RC, and never did.

Remember these accusations are being made by a fraudulent ex con who feels Mickelsons actions are partly responsible for his own daughters suicide.

The truth will be somewhere in the middle ground of the two opinions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29109

Phil has said he would never bet on the RC, and never did.

Remember these accusations are being made by a fraudulent ex con who feels Mickelsons actions are partly responsible for his own daughters suicide.

The truth will be somewhere in the middle ground of the two opinions
He’s not going to admit it is he?

Isn’t ‘banter’ Phil’s thing? You’d have thought his LiV fan club would have appreciated Rory’s little dig!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
He’s not going to admit it is he?

Isn’t ‘banter’ Phil’s thing? You’d have thought his LiV fan club would have appreciated Rory’s little dig!

I appreciate you want to defend him, but it’s another press conference gaffe from Mcilroy. There’s a long list of them - the gift that keeps on giving…

Given Phil had already denied the accusations, maybe Rory’s reply should have been
“I understand Phil has already made a statement to the validity of the allegations”

Having said that, he’s done PM a favour, cos he’s shifted the media spotlight away from the gambling story, to his own inability to remain mature with a microphone and a bunch of journalists in front of him.

D

Deleted member 29109

I appreciate you want to defend him, but it’s another press conference gaffe from Mcilroy. There’s a long list of them - the gift that keeps on giving…

Given Phil had already denied the accusations, maybe Rory’s reply should have been
“I understand Phil has already made a statement to the validity of the allegations”

Having said that, he’s done PM a favour, cos he’s shifted the media spotlight away from the gambling story, to his own inability to remain mature with a microphone and a bunch of journalists in front of him.
There is absolutely nothing to defend. The only people that think it distracts from Phil gambling on tournaments he was playing in at the LiV boys on Twitter.

Where it has become another case of the LiV PR machine spinning the narrative trying to distract from another negative story.

Notice other than them asking about Trumps swing. There is very little about the golf.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Don't give up the day job Rory....

You'd think after all this time, and after the hundreds, no thousands of interviews Rory has done, he'd know how to respond to these types of questions..

I do wonder if the reporters themselves are having a little side bet to see who can get the most petulant or dumbest answer to a question from Rory.

Savage.

That's the least someone who spends $1bn on gambling deserves. What a waste of good money.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There is absolutely nothing to defend. The only people that think it distracts from Phil gambling on tournaments he was playing in at the LiV boys on Twitter.

Where it has become another case of the LiV PR machine spinning the narrative trying to distract from another negative story.

Notice other than them asking about Trumps swing. There is very little about the golf.

You seem a bit obsessed by people on twitter mate. What golf are we supposed to be talking about - they haven’t teed off yet have they? Last weekend there was plenty of golf chatter from LIV, more than any other tour I’d say?

D

Deleted member 29109

And back to the proper golf.
Good to see Tommy having another good run. Hopefully he can keep it up over the weekend and get the monkey off his back.

The form of a few players going into the Ryder cup is interesting. Some coming back on to form. Others seem to be going the other way.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
And back to the proper golf.
Good to see Tommy having another good run. Hopefully he can keep it up over the weekend and get the monkey off his back.

The form of a few players going into the Ryder cup is interesting. Some coming back on to form. Others seem to be going the other way.

But Tommy is so overrated according to someone on here

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Brysons just swazzed one into the carpark, had to take an unplayable, chopped it back out into the fairway rough, and stuck it to about 18 inch.....

I'd have been looking at an 8 or more from where he was. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.