2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm watching the KLM Open, and find myself wondering if some of the European superstars are watching from American and wishing they were there.

The sky is blue, the course looks good and it is home. The money isn't as good as the PGA Tour and more importantly the OWGR points will be lower. They all have more money than they know what to do with, so surely it can't be the money.

I watched yesterday, and I think it was Pablo Larrazabal who, talking about the PGA Championship, and how many fairways he had hit in comparison to the KLM Tour, finished by saying how glad he was to be home (the DPWT) and how much he enjoyed the DPWT.

What about you Tommy? And Tyrell? Where would you rather be given different circumstances.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm watching the KLM Open, and find myself wondering if some of the European superstars are watching from American and wishing they were there.

The sky is blue, the course looks good and it is home. The money isn't as good as the PGA Tour and more importantly the OWGR points will be lower. They all have more money than they know what to do with, so surely it can't be the money.

I watched yesterday, and I think it was Pablo Larrazabal who, talking about the PGA Championship, and how many fairways he had hit in comparison to the KLM Tour, finished by saying how glad he was to be home (the DPWT) and how much he enjoyed the DPWT.

What about you Tommy? And Tyrell? Where would you rather be given different circumstances.

At tournaments that give them a better chance for entry into majors

Also where it’s nice and easy travel for them from their base in Florida

Golfnut1957

Visit site
"Unfortunately that is where the host broadcaster's coverage ends". Harry Hall has a birdie putt on 17 and the last to play, but nobody gets to see it.

D

Deleted member 1147

I imagine that they see the travel as unnecessary, the income as immaterial and the ranking points potentially detrimental.
So there’s little point travelling over for such a comparatively small event. Especially if it’s a rest week.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Grillos ball slowly moving down stream in the drain.

Apparently not allowed to play it now that its come to a rest.

Seems a bit unfair as it's still in motion till it stops for me.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Grillos ball slowly moving down stream in the drain.

Apparently not allowed to play it now that its come to a rest.

Seems a bit unfair as it's still in motion till it stops for me.
I got the impression that they were making it up as they went along, the rules officials that is.

Visit site
I got the impression that they were making it up as they went along, the rules officials that is.
Surely they have until the ball stops moving. And if that happens to be outside the penalty, unlikely as that may be, then tht's where the next shot should be played from, otherwise, normal PA rules apply. Once it has stopped moving, any subsequent movement would be handled under Rule 9.3 which specifically mentions water.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its good for the LIV golfers that they are getting the chance to make some cash, and get some more tournaments in, the number that LIV provides them with, being so few.

D

Deleted member 15344

Matt Wallace is doing well over in the US

If he keeps the run of form going he will find himself Ryder Cup bound

Lowry and Willet up the leaderboard early as well

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Matt Wallace is doing well over in the US

If he keeps the run of form going he will find himself Ryder Cup bound

Lowry and Willet up the leaderboard early as well
Are you thinking Captain's pick?

Some good finishes will help but currently a fair few might feel they are more deserving, especially those playing regularly on the DPWT - including a quartet of Spaniards IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.