2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Even with average putting he'd be streets ahead....

It’s becoming a bit of a joke.

Rahm is brilliant he really is - as is Rory.

But Scottie blooming Scheffler is just a freaking joke.

It’s painful because he’s an American (would rather a European be doing this), but I hope this form lasts years 😂

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Scheffler is impressive, but an odd stat - he's only won in Feb, March & April ...

No doubt a stat to change at some point

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Scheffler is impressive, but an odd stat - he's only won in Feb, March & April ...

No doubt a stat to change at some point

Well that’s my money going elsewhere for the open 😂

In other news - lead is slipping away from Rory here, hoping he pulls back

Springveldt

Visit site
I don’t think there is a more frustrating player to watch than McIlroy. He’s bogied 2 par 5’s today as he can’t control a wedge, it’s ridiculous. Now he’s just airmailed another green with a short iron.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It took Tiger 7 events to crack the top 50 after turning Pro.
If Rose Zhang wins today there might just be enough strength in the field for her to ctack top 50 on her debut....

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It took Tiger 7 events to crack the top 50 after turning Pro.
If Rose Zhang wins today there might just be enough strength in the field for her to ctack top 50 on her debut....

She really is ridiculously good. There’s some incredible players in ladies golf at the minute. Be very interesting to see where she ranks after 6 months being pro…. My guess is top 3 minimum 😂

Swango1980

Visit site
It’s becoming a bit of a joke.

Rahm is brilliant he really is - as is Rory.

But Scottie blooming Scheffler is just a freaking joke.

It’s painful because he’s an American (would rather a European be doing this), but I hope this form lasts years 😂
One explanation given was that he is a big Christian, and believes his future is already mapped out for him by God, so winning golf tournaments is simply fate. Therefore, he doesn't worry about it, and what will be will be.

Whereas other golfers allow the pressure to get to them at times.

Not sure how much a part that plays with the bit between the ears. But, he is a very good player, despite his dodgy footwork

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
One explanation given was that he is a big Christian, and believes his future is already mapped out for him by God, so winning golf tournaments is simply fate. Therefore, he doesn't worry about it, and what will be will be.

Whereas other golfers allow the pressure to get to them at times.

Not sure how much a part that plays with the bit between the ears. But, he is a very good player, despite his dodgy footwork

I mean what a brilliant way to relieve yourself of pressure. Must have some serious faith in the big man upstairs!

D

Deleted member 1147

Was leading, then got the wibblies! Yep Arsenal
The only difference being that Rory hasn’t actually played very well yet. He’s just not playing or scoring well now!

Status
Not open for further replies.