2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully if he rests up until next year it'll have time to heal..

sounds like hes had a couple of herniated discs and pain from them pressing on a nerve, surgery was to relieve the pressure, bad enough but not as bad as it couldve been i guess but likely to continue to be a worry for him

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely not the week for a designated event, but having missed one already (permitted), the McIlroy withdrawal should raise eyebrows as one of the most vociferous instigators of said events and obligations. However, mental health comes first, hopefully he can take the time and sort things out.

Bad news for WZ as well, hopefully he'll come back stronger and a more conventional putting stroke!

D

Deleted member 15344

Only interesting if it fits a view point

Here is another

Koepka would have won if it was 3 rounds and faded in the 4th round - if he was playing regularly on the PGAT he would be used to playing 4 rounds in each comp

2 of those three LIV finishing in the top 5 were two players who have won at Augusta and and in the last round just played golf with little freedom , one round certainly won’t define much

Also if Spieth was that fatigued then would expect him to flag towards the end as opposed to having his best round at the end of the tournament

D

Deleted member 1147

Rory out of the RBC, so that means he's missed two designated events already this year.

Maybe Jay can get on the blower and ask Phil to step in.. ;-)
Phil who?
Philip Price, who best Mickleson at the RC? Think he’s retired
Don’t think any other seniors are required.

IJames

Visit site
Shame that doesn’t also apply in the LIV thread where it’s basically open season to take pop shots at professional golfers and how they live their lives.
Some massive hypocrites on this forum unfortunately.
LIV opinions - pro or con - are fine on the LIV thread as that's what it's for! It's unwarranted or opportunistic invasion of other threads that I object to! Fine, up to a point, on the Masters thread if Masters related, or even occasionally this one. But there's a limit of relevance that occasionally, or even often, gets exceeedd by some 'usual suspects'!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
LIV opinions - pro or con - are fine on the LIV thread as that's what it's for! It's unwarranted or opportunistic invasion of other threads that I object to! Fine, up to a point, on the Masters thread if Masters related, or even occasionally this one. But there's a limit of relevance that occasionally, or even often, gets exceeedd by some 'usual suspects'!

Lighten up buddy. I put a wink on there to signify it was a tongue in cheek comment, and at the end of the day, this is the professional golf thread. Both Rory and Mickelson are pro golfers as far as I'm aware.
Go on the LIV thread and have a look at the amount of nonsensical replies to my posts I choose to ignore, there are plenty.. (y)

sunshine

Visit site
Lighten up buddy. I put a wink on there to signify it was a tongue in cheek comment, and at the end of the day, this is the professional golf thread. Both Rory and Mickelson are pro golfers as far as I'm aware.
Go on the LIV thread and have a look at the amount of nonsensical replies to my posts I choose to ignore, there are plenty.. (y)
It’s just getting tedious, whether tongue in cheek or not. General consensus seems to be keep it to the Liv thread.

IJames

Visit site
1. What makes you think I'm your buddy! 2. Your 'wink' was a failure! Though I recognised it as TiC. My 'any opportunity' comment was still relevant! 3. What YOU choose to ignore is of no interest to me! 4. Kindly don't tell me what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.