2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feels a bit harsh, Burns was -8 for the last 10 holes he played last night, not sure anyone couldve lived with that. If that had been McIlroy it wouldve been one of the greatest performances ever and the greatest tournament ever etc etc

Totally disagree re the tournament being shelved, such a breath of fresh air compared to yet another 72 hole strokeplay event, hopefully thy have a rethink after next year. Will be a shame to lose Austin as a venue too as quite different to the majority of PGA tour courses and some great risk/reward holes

Oh and scrap the 3rd/4th place play off, its just an air filler that no one wants to play

From the stories coming out, the members don't want it anymore. One course for 7/800 members and when the tour is in town, it causes a lot of disruption. Losing the ability to play the course for a couple of weeks a year, and the distractions of the building of stands etc. Members don't pay a small fee to be a member, and there is a rumoured 17 year waiting list.

DJ Pie, on the NLU pod, had an idea whereby the consolation match is only 9 holes, but the finalists are fully mic'd up. Equal prize money paid to both. Try and make it more of something to watch rather than another 18 holes where no-one really wants to win. Also suggested reducing the numbers to 16 or so, so it's just straight matchplay over a couple of days and every match is a banger.

sunshine

Visit site
Feels a bit harsh, Burns was -8 for the last 10 holes he played last night, not sure anyone couldve lived with that. If that had been McIlroy it wouldve been one of the greatest performances ever and the greatest tournament ever etc etc

Totally disagree re the tournament being shelved, such a breath of fresh air compared to yet another 72 hole strokeplay event, hopefully thy have a rethink after next year. Will be a shame to lose Austin as a venue too as quite different to the majority of PGA tour courses and some great risk/reward holes

Oh and scrap the 3rd/4th place play off, its just an air filler that no one wants to play

I love match play too, I just think they need to look at the structure of the event because the final day is often an anticlimax.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Watching this Rose Zhang is just so hard.
If she goes any slower she’d stop
Her father is doing my nut in.

I edited it to respond to your complaint about her being slow.

Yes, each time she deliberated over a shot I flicked over to BBC 2 to watch Frank at the Royal Festival Hall. I kept on forgetting to flick back.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rory out of the RBC, so that means he's missed two designated events already this year.

Maybe Jay can get on the blower and ask Phil to step in.. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.