YouTubers.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Used to watch so many YouTube tip channels, completely screwed my game up. Gone back to basics re my game and just watch vlogs now! Enjoy watching Dan Hendricksen, met him when he was Torquay, stopped for a natter, just a decent guy, some decent players on the vlogs too! Miss watching Lester tho! Always like watching Big Oggie, again I am biased as he is a lovely bloke too, met the same day I met Dan. Keeps it real, 24 handicap and looking to improve. Doesn't get the viewers tho which is shame, I like a balance. Pete Finch still a good watch and I like SAS golf especially as I always trawl through the second hand market. Re RS, guessing when your channel takes off, businesses get involved and sponsors, then it catapults into the stratosphere, not for me, but fair play to him

I've just zoned out of watching Dan Hendriksen since Lester left - used to watch all the vids religiously. It looks like their subscribers numbers are creeping up, but the videos just aren't for me. I was paying for the patreon thing they were pushing as well, but there's zero interaction from the boys now via that which is a shame. Without doubt, they have the most likeable people you could want on the channel, and some seriously talented golfers as well, but the channel seems to lurch from one strategy to another as they seek growth.

Most You Tube golf channels are the same old same old in terms of content topics, and there's nothing out there grabbing my attention at the moment.

D

Deleted member 21445

Most You Tube golf channels are the same old same old in terms of content topics, and there's nothing out there grabbing my attention at the moment.

It's so saturated now that's its very hard to do something unique.
I am trying though.
Just launched a series called "Caddie Stories" a raw fly on the wall documentary series following my brothers life as a caddie in the states.
Got many comments saying they have seen anything like it before.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRXF388TbxT9-O7YtJ2heCO3nAy1hwDu

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It's so saturated now that's its very hard to do something unique.
I am trying though.
Just launched a series called "Caddie Stories" a raw fly on the wall documentary series following my brothers life as a caddie in the states.
Got many comments saying they have seen anything like it before.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRXF388TbxT9-O7YtJ2heCO3nAy1hwDu

I also wonder if You Tube are losing share to some other platforms - tik tok, instagram, twitter etc. It's hard to gauge - I've put a short on You tube that had 120,000+ views, but most struggle to get past 1000. (Mind you it was entitled 'Bunkers' and looking at the analytics - most of the views were in Russia - maybe they know something about an impending nuclear war that we don't :ROFLMAO:)

On the other hand, I put the same video of the boy hitting my 2 iron on Twitter and You Tube last week. The short on YT has 1.9K views, yet on Twitter it is around 77 thousand, with 250+ likes.

I know I found myself getting into You Tube golf vlogs through lockdown, I had loads of time and nothing to do, and the Golfmates channel was the one that got my attention first, followed by James Robinson - after he did a collab with Liam as it haoppens. Now I just don't have the time to sit down and watch multiple 20 or 30 minute vlogs every evening, and with so many to choose from, I tend not to bother at all.

The one I did enjoy was the Sunday Morning show from DH, as I could take it in while having a brew on a Sunday Morning before getting stuck into the day, but since Lester has kinda left the channel the humour has gone for me, which is personally what appealed.

Back to your brother and the Caddie stories, I'll take a look at those, definitely something many of us don't get chance to see, and I guess a lot of these guys caddying through the field are good players in their own right? (y)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I also wonder if You Tube are losing share to some other platforms - tik tok, instagram, twitter etc. It's hard to gauge - I've put a short on You tube that had 120,000+ views, but most struggle to get past 1000. (Mind you it was entitled 'Bunkers' and looking at the analytics - most of the views were in Russia - maybe they know something about an impending nuclear war that we don't :ROFLMAO:)

On the other hand, I put the same video of the boy hitting my 2 iron on Twitter and You Tube last week. The short on YT has 1.9K views, yet on Twitter it is around 77 thousand, with 250+ likes.

I know I found myself getting into You Tube golf vlogs through lockdown, I had loads of time and nothing to do, and the Golfmates channel was the one that got my attention first, followed by James Robinson - after he did a collab with Liam as it haoppens. Now I just don't have the time to sit down and watch multiple 20 or 30 minute vlogs every evening, and with so many to choose from, I tend not to bother at all.

The one I did enjoy was the Sunday Morning show from DH, as I could take it in while having a brew on a Sunday Morning before getting stuck into the day, but since Lester has kinda left the channel the humour has gone for me, which is personally what appealed.

Back to your brother and the Caddie stories, I'll take a look at those, definitely something many of us don't get chance to see, and I guess a lot of these guys caddying through the field are good players in their own right? (y)

Lovely swing on the lad 👍.

I've stopped filming mine even at the range, what feels like a lovely fluid motion looks like a stiff jittery wreck on camera. It's soul destroying 😂.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Lovely swing on the lad 👍.

I've stopped filming mine even at the range, what feels like a lovely fluid motion looks like a stiff jittery wreck on camera. It's soul destroying 😂.

Must admit, I'm glad he's turned 13 now as getting beaten off the stick end seems so much better than being beaten by a 12 year old.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This is well worth a watch. They’ve had some great scrambles against pros in the past. Billy comes across as a thoroughly likeable chap.

I've really tried to get into their channel as they have a lot of access to stuff we wouldn't otherwise see, I just find all of them really annoying. Guess I'm not really their target market.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Tenous link, does anyone know how to see leaderboard and results for the annoyingly named (IMO) Clutch Pro Tour?

Their tier 2 event is actually the big event this week, not that thing in the USA 😂

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some of the headlines on them are a good laugh, in a The Onion type way. The likes of "Added 30 yards. In one shot!!!", "This just works!!!", "18hc gets to scratch in 1 month - with this move the pros wont tell you !!!".

Fabia999

Visit site
Some of the headlines on them are a good laugh, in a The Onion type way. The likes of "Added 30 yards. In one shot!!!", "This just works!!!", "18hc gets to scratch in 1 month - with this move the pros wont tell you !!!".
Clickbait. It's the worst and they're all do it. Peter Finch is really bad for it but he's one of the better golfers. Not sure about James Robinson but I gave up ages ago because you could guarantee he'd sneak his Aston Martin or whatever he had into the video at some point. Tried a bit too hard to be Rick Shiels imo too

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clickbait. It's the worst and they're all do it. Peter Finch is really bad for it but he's one of the better golfers. Not sure about James Robinson but I gave up ages ago because you could guarantee he'd sneak his Aston Martin or whatever he had into the video at some point. Tried a bit too hard to be Rick Shiels imo too
Yeah the clickbait titles are annoying. Something like "you won't believe this!" and it refers to one good shot played over the course of nine holes or something. "Should this club be illegal??" and all it is is a chipper or a hybrid.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yeah the clickbait titles are annoying. Something like "you won't believe this!" and it refers to one good shot played over the course of nine holes or something. "Should this club be illegal??" and all it is is a chipper or a hybrid.
However, those click bait titles work.

I can’t remember which one of them did a video about it. They said they wanted to avoid using them but the channels with videos that used them got more views.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
However, those click bait titles work.

I can’t remember which one of them did a video about it. They said they wanted to avoid using them but the channels with videos that used them got more views.
Well of course, you're more likely to click on something that sounds interesting. It's when the video isn't as interesting as they made out that it becomes annoying. If they had a clickbaity title but then backed it up so the title was accurate, that would be fine. :LOL: Tbh sometimes I just click the video to read the description and find out what the video is actually about, before backing out if I don't care - but I guess that's all they need.