YouTubers.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well of course, you're more likely to click on something that sounds interesting. It's when the video isn't as interesting as they made out that it becomes annoying. If they had a clickbaity title but then backed it up so the title was accurate, that would be fine. :LOL: Tbh sometimes I just click the video to read the description and find out what the video is actually about, before backing out if I don't care - but I guess that's all they need.
The click bait thing is really annoying, and although it might create a bit of a spike in views, it’s a very short term view in my opinion. Reason being, if they’re always doing it, I unsubscribe from the clickbait gang altogether and don’t watch any of their videos, sure I’m not alone in this.

If it’s a bit clickbaity, I’ll just let the preview roll for a bit and read the subtitles, see if I want to watch the whole thing or not.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I dunno if the numbers really mean much
I watch a reasonable amount of YT videos from a range of regular providers but I don't login, I don't subscribe to a single one, I don't click 'like' and I don't click on any bells

It seems to still work just fine, there must be lots like me or am I doing it 'wrong'

D

Deleted member 25172

Do all James Robinson's videos still come with a clickbait headline and an image of him with a surprised face and a hand over his mouth, alternatively with both hands on his head? Don't think I've seen anything from him in well over 2 years or so. Proper annoying channel IMO.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Do all James Robinson's videos still come with a clickbait headline and an image of him with a surprised face and a hand over his mouth, alternatively with both hands on his head? Don't think I've seen anything from him in well over 2 years or so. Proper annoying channel IMO.
It's the dirty great red arrows pointing to something completely obvious that wind me up...

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Ive said it before, golf you tube has now joined the same merry go round that killed golf magazines. Fix your slice, never 3 putt, gain 20 yards, chip like Seve, Xxx pros secret to consistency.

Then repeat every 6 months.

At least with the magazines you got some free tees or a ball every couple of months! And, amazing as it would seem, even more advertising on you tube!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Do people realise that YouTube is feeding them more of what they click on?

If you click on a ‘fix your slice’ video, the algorithm will keep feeding more of them to you.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone know what’s going on with mark crossfield lately? Seems to just be doing teaching videos now, hasn’t done a course vlog for months.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone know what’s going on with mark crossfield lately? Seems to just be doing teaching videos now, hasn’t done a course vlog for months.
Without having any specific insight, I'm guessing that knocking up 10 minute videos in a studio is a much more efficient time/clicks delivery ratio than producing course vlogs.
Whether short term benefit outweighs the long term subscriber base will be interesting to track.
Most other tubers still seem to be doing the course stuff, so maybe they're reading the algorithm differently.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without having any specific insight, I'm guessing that knocking up 10 minute videos in a studio is a much more efficient time/clicks delivery ratio than producing course vlogs.
Whether short term benefit outweighs the long term subscriber base will be interesting to track.
Most other tubers still seem to be doing the course stuff, so maybe they're reading the algorithm differently.
Most of them have all had their "Open venue" videos out.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Crossfield is the best generalist, though I think the best is now in his podcast rather than on youtube. vlogs maybe ran their course, the same as he realised he just couldnt keep reviewing clubs every year when they are all the same. Some day I would say he will go all out and bring down that house of cards. Is probably just too good for the now influencer type youtuber phenomenon, or the miracle tip "+50yds with this elbow angle!!!" hawker.

On golf proper, rather than just low level bants that you can probably better, from nobodies playing mediocre golf that you probably see better playing in your own club, best unquestionably are Be Better Golf and Athletic Motion Golf. Genuine search for golf swing knowledge, without magazine style recycled quick tips, or wacky unfounded theories. The third worth a look, but very much as case of watched-about-five-of-them-watched-them-all, is Dr Kwon golf. His process doesnt really vary, but seems to catch all the key points of modern golf swing understanding.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each to their own of course but I find it strange to knock YouTubers for not playing good golf - if you want to see good golf you have the PGA Tour on TV every weekend? Watching a YouTuber playing good golf would be boring. I want to see them playing relatable golf - hacking it all over the shop and having a good laugh about it. For someone like Tubes or John Robins from Bad Golf, I just love the enthusiasm and sheer delight when they hit a good shot. Watching a very good player, you can often scarcely tell that they enjoy the game at all. It just flips between run-of-the-mill expectation if they make par, or disappointment if they don't.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do all James Robinson's videos still come with a clickbait headline and an image of him with a surprised face and a hand over his mouth, alternatively with both hands on his head?
They all do the exaggerated faces. Youtube golf has really revitalised the lost art of variety act mugging. Business opportunity for anyone who wants to become a Face Pulling Coach to the Stars.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bumped into this geezer yesterday, recognized us for our time living in Spain, and also told me I was punching, which the missus was still buzzing about when we went to bed last night. 😂

As genuine in person as he comes across on the channel.

Attachments

• liam.jpg
    liam.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I suspect he's chasing the ad revenue, Youtube said earlier this year that they were diverting a large chuck of their ad budget to shorts to compete with tiktok etc.
I have seen quite a few creators change to put out shorter videos designed for the shorts platform.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suspect he's chasing the ad revenue, Youtube said earlier this year that they were diverting a large chuck of their ad budget to shorts to compete with tiktok etc.
I have seen quite a few creators change to put out shorter videos designed for the shorts platform.
Now you say it, that makes sense. Foreplay constantly post shorts, very annoying, to the point i unsubscribed. Crossfield doesn’t seem to be that bad, yet.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
For me the best, straight to the point informative instruction comes from Alex Elliott.
I like the way he puts it across.

I watch most of the previously mentioned when I have a spare hour or 2.

The only exceptions are.
Crosfield & Hendrikson.
They talk forever about completely boring & quite obvious stuff, they particularly annoy me when testing a new club & spend ages talking about how it looks.
I can see that for myself & tbh, I don't care how it looks, I want to know how it performs.