YouTubers.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Enjoying stacked golf. Two young geeky 20 somethings who trawl garage sales and flea markets in the states looking for clubs to sell on ebay.

Not everyones cup of tea but its something I would have enjoyed doing when I was their age. I did it the other way around. I bought all the weird and wonderful junk clubs and didnt sell them.

Heres a video with rich shiels when he was over to give you a taste of what they do.

I find their enthusiasm infectious and enjoy seeing what they can find.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I watch a few of the popular YouTubers

Crossfield - quite like his reviews and how he goes about them

Shields - he's ok but haven't a clue how he's so popular

Average Golfer - can be a bit boring

TXG - good for reviews but can drag on

James Robinson - seems to love everything he reviews

I would like to see a group of average golfers of different handicaps reviewing clubs. I would set my own channel up if I wasn't a boring git.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Crossfield again breaking the industry cone of silence in his latest vid, showing that Pings latest irons are in fact not inferior to their G30 model from 10 years ago.
He really is letting the cat out of the bag on the great golf industry tech con. Puts some of the other supposedly independent gear reviewers to shame.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Crossfield again breaking the industry cone of silence in his latest vid, showing that Pings latest irons are in fact not inferior to their G30 model from 10 years ago.

So the new ones are superior? What's surprising about that?

BTW I know exactly what you meant to say but your anti equipment/fitting crusade on every thread thay so much as mentions equipment or fitting is so tedious.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So the new ones are superior? What's surprising about that?

BTW I know exactly what you meant to say but your anti equipment/fitting crusade on every thread thay so much as mentions equipment or fitting is so tedious.

No need to interpret me - what I wrote is exactly what I meant, and what I meant to write.

The youtubers thread is exactly the place to comment on a you tube, from a prominent youtuber, who is highlighting the cracks in the equipment facade.

Crossfield isnt exactly a random web poster, but prominent and with some credibility and authority on the topic. So its an interesting current topic and discussion in golf.

One might equally argue that - is this driver better than that one- or - is the new iron better than last years model - threads are tedious. Or worse, nonsensical.

Springveldt

Visit site
He really is letting the cat out of the bag on the great golf industry tech con. Puts some of the other supposedly independent gear reviewers to shame.
There is only so much they can do within the legal limits of the game, so they can't change much.

I watched the video and I've just looked up the specs of the irons and from what I've found the g430 7 iron is 29° and the 6 iron from the g30 is 27° so it's not exactly apples for apples, you could argue the new g430 is half a club longer. Maybe Crossfield had the g430 in power spec which is 27.5° but I didn't hear him mention that.

I haven't even watched any "reviews" of this years new clubs (or last years) since there isn't really any point to it. The manufacturers are at the legal limits for all their equipment, if you are changing gear now and your current stuff is 6 years or under all you are doing is changing for the looks or maybe some new confidence, the performance will more than likely be the same.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Channel I enjoy now and again is The Golf Supply, any other watchers here?

But latest video was a strange one , title was something like 'the round that took my handicap from scratch to +1'
He shot gross -2 but at end said he would submit a card for handicap

Issue he was playing alone? And only seemed to decide at end card would go in?

Surely for a casual round it must be declared beforehand that you will submit score? And you cant play alone and get someone not even there to verify score

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Channel I enjoy now and again is The Golf Supply, any other watchers here?

But latest video was a strange one , title was something like 'the round that took my handicap from scratch to +1'
He shot gross -2 but at end said he would submit a card for handicap

Issue he was playing alone? And only seemed to decide at end card would go in?

Surely for a casual round it must be declared beforehand that you will submit score? And you cant play alone and get someone not even there to verify score
For the second issue - surely the cameraman was there too? Can't help you on the submitting score after the event issue though. You'd think a scratch player would know the deal there.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For the second issue - surely the cameraman was there too? Can't help you on the submitting score after the event issue though. You'd think a scratch player would know the deal there.
No cameraman, he was playing solo and setting up camera himself
So obviously all shots on camera
I'm not suggesting he didn't score -2 but it would be very easy replay a shot etc without anyone else being aware

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No cameraman, he was playing solo and setting up camera himself
So obviously all shots on camera
I'm not suggesting he didn't score -2 but it would be very easy replay a shot etc without anyone else being aware
That is odd then. I'm sure it's done by plenty, but a bit strange to film yourself openly admitting to submitting dodgy cards that way. :LOL: Are the comments not full of people hounding him?

MikeF86

Visit site
I don't mind a bit of youtube golf, treat it as throw away entertainment when the boss has the tv remote.

I like some of Shiels' stuff, tubes & Ange golf life, Micah & Grant of ex goodgood fame are decent to watch too. Gone off Peter Finch a bit lately, seems to come across as quite smug all of a sudden, probably just me though. I only really watch the course vlogs, don't bother with the club reviews as couldn't give a monkeys what they think of a club. If i was to ever buy one, its me swinging it anyway, not them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't mind a bit of youtube golf, treat it as throw away entertainment when the boss has the tv remote.

I like some of Shiels' stuff, tubes & Ange golf life, Micah & Grant of ex goodgood fame are decent to watch too. Gone off Peter Finch a bit lately, seems to come across as quite smug all of a sudden, probably just me though. I only really watch the course vlogs, don't bother with the club reviews as couldn't give a monkeys what they think of a club. If i was to ever buy one, its me swinging it anyway, not them.
Tubes & Ange is the most entertaining for me. Since they've added Bullard they're going from strength to strength. I like seeing golfers who aren't perfect, but at the same time, adding the bit of class that Bullard provides every now and then has been spot on. I'd love to know if there are other similar channels out there. Used to enjoy Golf Mates but I think they jumped the shark a bit and tried to release too much content really.

I do still watch Shiels as well, I like the honesty to show himself playing horrendous golf as well as the good, and his feelings about it.

MikeF86

Visit site
Tubes & Ange is the most entertaining for me. Since they've added Bullard they're going from strength to strength. I like seeing golfers who aren't perfect, but at the same time, adding the bit of class that Bullard provides every now and then has been spot on. I'd love to know if there are other similar channels out there. Used to enjoy Golf Mates but I think they jumped the shark a bit and tried to release too much content really.

I do still watch Shiels as well, I like the honesty to show himself playing horrendous golf as well as the good, and his feelings about it.

Have you seen the Matty Cash video posted yesterday, that boy can play!! I love the mix of golf & banter. As i said, i watch it for entertainment purposes, I'm not expecting Rory-esque golf. As you alluded to, now they have Jimmy its great to watch, he's a class act who can also play a bit too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you seen the Matty Cash video posted yesterday, that boy can play!! I love the mix of golf & banter. As i said, i watch it for entertainment purposes, I'm not expecting Rory-esque golf. As you alluded to, now they have Jimmy its great to watch, he's a class act who can also play a bit too.
Got half way through the Cash vid. Bullard was really talking him up. He did have an unbelievable drive on him, but his short game wasn't quite up there with it. The fact they can bring various footballers on is a nice selling point too.

I'm a big fan of Bad Golf but it seems to have gone quiet lately. I think Alex Horne gets pretty busy.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Got half way through the Cash vid. Bullard was really talking him up. He did have an unbelievable drive on him, but his short game wasn't quite up there with it. The fact they can bring various footballers on is a nice selling point too.

I'm a big fan of Bad Golf but it seems to have gone quiet lately. I think Alex Horne gets pretty busy.

I thought Bad Golf was great when it came out, but for a while now it's been one bad golfer and a slightly better than average golfer.
Just doesn't work for me any more, even with the contrived rules to try and make the contest even.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I find the banter between Bullard & Tubes a bit cringe.
Bullard just try’s way too hard.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought Bad Golf was great when it came out, but for a while now it's been one bad golfer and a slightly better than average golfer.
Just doesn't work for me any more, even with the contrived rules to try and make the contest even.
True but John still has the odd total meltdown which harks back to the good old days, ha. I think you're right though, the odd shot system they use doesn't really work, they might as well just give Horne an actual handicap based on his rounds and do it properly.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used to watch so many YouTube tip channels, completely screwed my game up. Gone back to basics re my game and just watch vlogs now! Enjoy watching Dan Hendricksen, met him when he was Torquay, stopped for a natter, just a decent guy, some decent players on the vlogs too! Miss watching Lester tho! Always like watching Big Oggie, again I am biased as he is a lovely bloke too, met the same day I met Dan. Keeps it real, 24 handicap and looking to improve. Doesn't get the viewers tho which is shame, I like a balance. Pete Finch still a good watch and I like SAS golf especially as I always trawl through the second hand market. Re RS, guessing when your channel takes off, businesses get involved and sponsors, then it catapults into the stratosphere, not for me, but fair play to him