Top 5 on your Bucket list?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
As per the title, what are the top 5 courses on your bucket list?

Try and keep it realistic/achievable. I'm sure we would all like to play Augusta, TPC Sawgrass etc, but certainly in my case it's never going to happen. With that in mind I've kept my 5 a bit closer to home.

In no particular order.

Sunningdale Old
St Andrews Old
Royal County Down
Trump International
Royal Birkdale

Over to you.

D

Deleted member 17920

RCD (playing next week)
Loch Lomond
Muirfield
Old Head Kinsale
Askernish

D

Deleted member 15344

RCD - playing next year
Royal Portrush - next year
Kingsbarns
Waterville
Royal Dornoch

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lahinch
Carne
Ballybunion Old
Murfield
Carnoustie

Hoping to knock Carne off the list next year when it will be replaced by The European Club

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lahinch
Carne
Ballybunion Old
Murfield
Carnoustie

Hoping to knock Carne off the list next year when it will be replaced by The European Club

You'll love Lahich pal we played there 3 weeks ago, a lot of blind tee shots on the front 9.

Old Head of Kinsale
RCD
Carne and Enniscrone
Ballybunnion Old
Royal Dornoch

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Struggling to come up with 5

The Old Course
Gary Player at Sun City
The Championship Course at Le Touessrok

I’m sure non of them will live up to the fantasy I’ve built them up to be in my head!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'll love Lahich pal we played there 3 weeks ago, a lot of blind tee shots on the front 9.

Old Head of Kinsale
RCD
Carne and Enniscrone
Ballybunnion Old
Royal Dornoch

Looks stunning Steve and was last week looking at maybe organising a couple of days down that way next year but they certainly know how to charge green fees in that neck of the woods😳

Can’t believe you boys haven’t done Enniscrone yet on one of your trips, it’s a cracker and RCD is everything that’s said about it.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks stunning Steve and was last week looking at maybe organising a couple of days down that way next year but they certainly know how to charge green fees in that neck of the woods

Can’t believe you boys haven’t done Enniscrone yet on one of your trips, it’s a cracker and RCD is everything that’s said about it.

Its getting more expensive every year we payed 140 euro as it was October but there all over 200 euro now. We played Connemarra as well when we were over so only Crane and Enniscrone to play there haha , next year we're going to the Portstewart area again

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Achievable?

Valle de Este, Almeria
Desert Springs, Almeria
Sotogrande
Valderamma
Royal St George's

There's a lot I've not included that would probably be higher up the list, e.g. Turnberry & Troon, but.... 56 working days left to retirement and then the move to Spain. Hoping to catch RSG on the trip across for H4H next year.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Struggling to come up with 5

The Old Course
Gary Player at Sun City
The Championship Course at Le Touessrok

I’m sure non of them will live up to the fantasy I’ve built them up to be in my head!

Not sure what your expectation is but if my experience is any guide....it'll blow you away :D I love playing there

Its much more 'playable' now than it was a few years back with 18 very different holes. Huge fun to play and even the 'weakest' hole (par 3 15th) will mess with your eyes as its nowhere near as short as it looks and the 18th now as a choice of two greens to go at depending on the comp

Keep it on your list

Oh and its re-branded now as Ile Aux Cerfs GC as its no longer tied to the old (now refurbished) Le Touessrok hotel

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its getting more expensive every year we payed 140 euro as it was October but there all over 200 euro now. We played Connemarra as well when we were over so only Crane and Enniscrone to play there haha , next year we're going to the Portstewart area again

Give me a shout when you over and if you want a game at my place I can sign you all on. If you time it right you might get to play Glashedy when the stands are still up from the Irish Open but I would need to book the tee times well in advance.

I emailed Lahinch, Tralee & Doonbeg last week and all came back at 200+ and not a pennies discount for GUI members which most other clubs do offer, so that’s a no go of a trip until I make some contacts 😉

D

Deleted member 21258

St Andrews
Woodhall Spa
Gleneagles
Sunningdale Old (would like to go back there before I die no 1)
Thorndon Park (would like to go back there before I die no 2)