The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Neither was Banks in 1970....but he did...

Fair. And that save will never be beaten! It's always going in every time you see it!

I'm happy to be wrong here, but I look at decisions and think had it been up the other end would I have been annoyed? And for that, yes I would. I understand the rule. And I'd say it was probably correctly applied. But I'm not sure I agree.

Either way, who cares... Alison with goal of the season* saves the day!

*absolutely no exaggeration here. Ish!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Neither was Banks in 1970....but he did.

Not the officials judgement call to make whether the keeper would have got across to it. Was the guy offside interfering with play by blocking the keepers vision? Yes.

Personally my opinion is that any player in an offside position within about 2 or 3 yards of the keeper (irrespective of whether he is blocking his vision) is interfering with play because the keeper will be aware of him and will be making some sort of judgement/anticipation as to what the player may or may not do that may make the keeper hesitate in his decision making.
I would say that goes for any offside.
If it’s interfering with the defenders decisions then he’s offside no matter where he is.
That’s how it used to be until they started messing with all the rules.

They have messed with the rules that much over the years even the refs are getting them wrong.
We see them given in one game but not in the next.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is criminal to be honest. I can see Southgate being sacked after a particularly poor Euros for us. With the extra squad slots (which I think is nonsense but that's another issue), you'd think you talk Walker, Trippier & Trent. Or two of them + AWB for a defensive option. But that article says James is ahead of him! How??
Yes I can see TAA with Kane upfront doing well.
He makes the runs in behind.
But we are talking Southgate!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
So Kane has announced he wants to go. Where does he end up? And for how much?

I'd absolutely have him between Sadio and Mo, but don't see the money in the club to bring him in. He'll be in Manchester one way or the other, for my money.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I'd absolutely have him between Sadio and Mo, but don't see the money in the club to bring him in. He'll be in Manchester one way or the other, for my money.

Well Levy claims he wont let him go to another club in England and wants 150m+ for him, Madrid at a push or PSG if they sell Mbappe but neither look realistic really

Kane claims he wants to stay in England with City, Utd and Chelsea interested, not sure any of them will be wanting to pay north of 100m and not sure Levy will do business at that price

May depend on where Haaland and Mbappe go too

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well Levy claims he wont let him go to another club in England and wants 150m+ for him, Madrid at a push or PSG if they sell Mbappe but neither look realistic really

Kane claims he wants to stay in England with City, Utd and Chelsea interested, not sure any of them will be wanting to pay north of 100m and not sure Levy will do business at that price

Kane v Haaland is a no brainer. Kane is older, has dodgy ankles and, being English will cost a lot more. Very good striker of course but Haaland certainly appears to be the real deal and has youth on his side.

And he speaks better English.

D

Deleted member 15344

the club won’t spend £100mil on a 27 year old with a history of ankle injuries

Don’t see any club paying £150mil for him - not when you can prob get Haaland or Mbappe for that

I can see Man Utd getting him for around £100mil

D

Deleted member 16999

I’m surprised Kane has come out with this now as he’s still got 3yrs on his contract (expires June 24) so unless he has a release clause it looks like Levy holds all the cards.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m surprised Kane has come out with this now as he’s still got 3yrs on his contract (expires June 24) so unless he has a release clause it looks like Levy holds all the cards.

This guy has inside knowledge and usually knows the deal when it comes to Spurs. I still think the only logical place for him to go is Man City - he does really seem to love Spurs and would only be leaving for guaranteed trophies, and the only place you get that is at City.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This guy has inside knowledge and usually knows the deal when it comes to Spurs. I still think the only logical place for him to go is Man City - he does really seem to love Spurs and would only be leaving for guaranteed trophies, and the only place you get that is at City.

Or possibly the mighty Col U. I'm sure that with Kane up front we would be favourites for the League 2 title. Or at the very least we should win the "best team in Essex trophy" which, to be fair, is more than he's won so far in his career.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 16999

I get his frustration etc, but that still doesn’t mean Levy will fold, if it had been his last season under contract then yes, Levy might be under pressure to sell or Kane walks for free, but it’s not so he can want trophies as much as he likes it’s still down to Levy.

Could it be a ploy to get Levy to give the new manager “a pot of gold”?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get his frustration etc, but that still doesn’t mean Levy will fold, if it had been his last season under contract then yes, Levy might be under pressure to sell or Kane walks for free, but it’s not so he can want trophies as much as he likes it’s still down to Levy.

Could it be a ploy to get Levy to give the new manager “a pot of gold”?
Yeah, I'm not convinced a deal will be done this summer, particularly with Kane focussing on the Euros to begin with. As you say it just makes it more crucial to get the right manager in, and probably sign a couple of defenders to make us competitive again.

D

Deleted member 15344

This will be the last summer to cash in on Kane - to at least get close to £80mil for him

He will be 28 , hasn’t played a full season in 5 years for his club - next summer he is getting closer to that 30 mark and not many clubs will pay a significant fee for him

I think he knows that it’s now or never and he wasn’t to win trophies so he needs to leave , it’s not going to happen at Spurs so he will need to leave - we have had to deal with in the past with the likes of Torres , Suarez , Coutinho etc

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not convinced a deal will be done this summer, particularly with Kane focussing on the Euros to begin with. As you say it just makes it more crucial to get the right manager in, and probably sign a couple of defenders to make us competitive again.

Remind me. ;)