The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

So 4th place is back on Liverpool's own hands now what with Chelsea and Leicester having to play each other?

D

Deleted member 15344

So 4th place is back on Liverpool's own hands now what with Chelsea and Leicester having to play each other?

Yep - it was after the UTD match , win all three of our games and we should get CL football

Leicester got a tough job playing Chelsea then Spurs

D

Deleted member 15344

Only thing sweeter than winning in the last minute is it’s against Fat Sam and now listening to him having a good old grumble makes it just even better ???

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only thing sweeter than winning in the last minute is it’s against Fat Sam and now listening to him having a good old grumble makes it just even better ???
Tbh I was fearing the worst .
Great finish from Mo, but can’t remember the keeper doing much after that.
Mane looks like he’s got his boots on the wrong feet.
Dean gave some ridiculous fouls against us .
Then basically handed us the game ,shocking free kick should have been a drop ball for first goal.
Yes he’s in Alissons line but that’s harsh imo.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tbh I was fearing the worst .
Great finish from Mo, but can’t remember the keeper doing much after that.
Mane looks like he’s got his boots on the wrong feet.
Dean gave some ridiculous fouls against us .
Then basically handed us the game ,shocking free kick should have been a drop ball for first goal.
Yes he’s in Alissons line but that’s harsh imo.
I’ve read your posts for ages, you’re a plant right? I honestly don’t think I’ve read a (lpool) positive post of yours.

If you’re real an you’re not buzzin after that, then I suggest you give it up.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve read your posts for ages, you’re a plant right? I honestly don’t think I’ve read a (lpool) positive post of yours.

If you’re real an you’re not buzzin after that, then I suggest you give it up.
Fantastic finish .
But point me in the direction of what’s not accurate.!
I just see it as it is.
Had a season ticket for over 28 yrs ,but pro football has changed so much I can take it or leave it quite easy now.

D

Deleted member 16999

Genuinely didn’t think our home performances could get any worse.
How wrong I was, uttter, utter garbage!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mike Dean is a clown. Giving Liverpool the ball when it didn't even hit him, he's obviously got confused there. Disallowing the WBA goal was a ridiculous decision as well. Then Alisson's header - don't fancy marking him lads? The big feller with the gloves on? Ha. Football, what a game.

Had a strange experience of actually enjoying a Spurs game earlier as well. Forgot what that was like!

D

Deleted member 15344

Been a pretty good weekend of sport

The Bland win was a great start

Then Leicester’s win was superb

Alisson with the winning header and his brilliant interview bringing a tear to a few eyes

Then Sam being all salty

And finally Everton continuing with their mid table consistency ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....der-arnold-out-of-euro-2020-20210517.amp.html

it wouldn’t surprise me if he still didn’t pick TAA - Southgate living off the back of a very lucky World Cup , not going to be so this time
That is criminal to be honest. I can see Southgate being sacked after a particularly poor Euros for us. With the extra squad slots (which I think is nonsense but that's another issue), you'd think you talk Walker, Trippier & Trent. Or two of them + AWB for a defensive option. But that article says James is ahead of him! How??

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Awful. Yes the WBA player is inline with the keeper but Ali's never getting anywhere near it. Should have been 2-1.

Neither was Banks in 1970....but he did.

Not the officials judgement call to make whether the keeper would have got across to it. Was the guy offside interfering with play by blocking the keepers vision? Yes.

Personally my opinion is that any player in an offside position within about 2 or 3 yards of the keeper (irrespective of whether he is blocking his vision) is interfering with play because the keeper will be aware of him and will be making some sort of judgement/anticipation as to what the player may or may not do that may make the keeper hesitate in his decision making.