The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Surely after all the protests against the owners they didn’t have fans turn up to continue putting money into the owners pockets - and did I see lots of Man Utd shirts being worn - more money into the owners pockets. Maybe that ESL business all forgotten about now - well apart from Neville again demanding strong punishments - wonder if that would include banning the six from being in Europe next season ?

Neville needs to wind his neck in. The punishments are done & dusted for the 9 that withdrew, UEFA have accepted that, why can't he?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A question, mainly, for fans of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City (as they are the only ones that could realistically afford the players) but if Mbappe, Haaland and Kane were all available this summer, which one would you want your club to get?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a fan of one of the 6 I totally agree that all 6 should be banned from Europe next season ?????
Would that make sense?
If all the leagues across Europe followed suit it wouldn’t be worth watching.
It’s all about the money.
But I do agree they should be punished in some way

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like it shouldn’t have counted -

And was Fernandes the last man when he took out the Brighton player who was through ?

A) He was 50yards from goal, not quite a clear scoring opportunity.
B) He hardly 'took him out'. They came together when the Fulham player cut across Bruno. A yellow card was more than enough.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A question, mainly, for fans of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City (as they are the only ones that could realistically afford the players) but if Mbappe, Haaland and Kane were all available this summer, which one would you want your club to get?

Haaland, Mbappe and Kane ........................................ in that order.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh I think a few more can afford the players , we could afford the players - whether the club will spend the level needed is different matter I suppose

But it’s Mbappe because he has the lot , Haaland then Kane

A) He was 50yards from goal, not quite a clear scoring opportunity.
B) He hardly 'took him out'. They came together when the Fulham player cut across Bruno. A yellow card was more than enough.
1. Does it matter how far away if the player is potentially clear on goal

2. Yes - took him out , tripped him , fouled him

if Rashford is tripped like that in his own half then it’s going to be a goalscoring chance

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think any of them would do well at City and would be happy to see any of them signed. Soft spot for Kane but his age, injuries and possibly desire would concern me a little especially at the price. So Haaland, Kane, Mbappe in that order. Something about Mbappe I find a bit too arrogant.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think any of them would do well at City and would be happy to see any of them signed. Soft spot for Kane but his age, injuries and possibly desire would concern me a little especially at the price. So Haaland, Kane, Mbappe in that order. Something about Mbappe I find a bit too arrogant.
I don’t think Kane will want to rotate and be on the bench.
Then again he might want / need the rest, and it might prolong his playing days.
Who knows.
But if he does sign imagine how many goals he will score in a team that creates so many chances.

Halland for Liverpool would be nice.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Haaland, Grealish, Mbappe ?