The EFL Thread

4LEX

Visit site
Reported that Leeds will need to make around £100m in sales to conform to the more stringent spending rules in the EFL. I guess they brought in a good few players for the promotion campaign. They have a number of players out on loan who they’re hoping will become permanent sales, plus 2-3 ‘stars’ they might need to sell to balance the books.

Seems excessive on the back of parachute payments.

It doesn't look great for Leeds but they've got a lot of high value assets in the current team that will make serious money, plus the players they loaned out.

They'll be fine FFP wise and next season the teams coming down are really poor, so pretty sure they'll be up there.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True. Portsmouth are probably the most pea brained and deluded support in the country. One good season in a decade and they think they're Real Madrid.
It takes a particular kind of stupid to smash up your own town after winning a game.

Well I guess that's me out of this thread and back to the Premier league one. See you again this time next year!🤣🤣

4LEX

Visit site
It takes a particular kind of stupid to smash up your own town after winning a game.

Well I guess that's me out of this thread and back to the Premier league one. See you again this time next year!🤣🤣

I'm a Reading fan and they seem to hold a terrible grudge because we took the piss out of them about 15 years ago.

This was down to the fact when they were spending beyond their means and cheated their way to the FA Cup in 2008, they rested the whole team in their final league game which resulted in a Fulham win and got us relegated on goal difference. We were obviously annoyed and did delight in their demise a few years later.

This season they've been incredibly arrogant, bitter and ungracious in winning the league. Often moaning about teams not giving them 4,000 tickets when a few years before when they were mid table, they couldn't sell out the majority of their away games.

They'll be back to returning tickets next season when they start getting beaten on their travels.

sunshine

Visit site
When you consider the family home is in Cheshire, and no way is Colleen moving from their newly purpose built mansion, and Plymouth is about the most awkward place to reach from there in the league pyramid, this smells of a desperate throw from Rooney.

He probably saw some flirty grannies in Devon and decided he needed some time apart from the mrs 🤣

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a Reading fan and they seem to hold a terrible grudge because we took the piss out of them about 15 years ago.

This was down to the fact when they were spending beyond their means and cheated their way to the FA Cup in 2008, they rested the whole team in their final league game which resulted in a Fulham win and got us relegated on goal difference. We were obviously annoyed and did delight in their demise a few years later.

This season they've been incredibly arrogant, bitter and ungracious in winning the league. Often moaning about teams not giving them 4,000 tickets when a few years before when they were mid table, they couldn't sell out the majority of their away games.

They'll be back to returning tickets next season when they start getting beaten on their travels.
They're frothing at the mouth that we've gone back up, they really thought they were going to beat us next season. Bless.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

We played magnificently. OK scraped a result against a poor second string

4LEX

Visit site
We played magnificently. OK scraped a result against a poor second string

To be fair regardless of that final game, you did the double over us so we deserved to go down. All we had to do was draw one of the games and we would've been safe by 3 points!

I thought we had our revenge in the play offs in 2017 but we even managed to mess the final up!