Outside the top 7 thread........

D

Deleted member 15344

Palace have signed Hangeland - that's a very good signing

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorted that for you!

Not sure about winning it, but highly likely to be 2nd at least - imo! SPL is still pretty ugly football to my mind! Winner is a foregone conclusion - and likely to remain so for a couple of years yet (imo!).

The scrap for promotion to SPL, however, will be one of the 3/4 big 'scraps' of the year - along with the one for the EPL Title and CL places and the EPL Relegation one.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Newcastle , Sunderland , Aston Villa are all sleeping giants with big following but need big funds to wake them up , off all the clubs i think Newcastle is the one that will push hard this year and maybe even win a cup .................

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is normally one that pops it head up early on, but by Feb/march drifts down back in the pack. My guess would be Newcastle, more controversially would be who drops out of that 7. I'll say the Ev. Any team that calls a press conference to announce the signing of a player that already plays for them (Barkley) surely has limited expectations for the upcoming season.....

D

Deleted member 15344

There is normally one that pops it head up early on, but by Feb/march drifts down back in the pack. My guess would be Newcastle, more controversially would be who drops out of that 7. I'll say the Ev. Any team that calls a press conference to announce the signing of a player that already plays for them (Barkley) surely has limited expectations for the upcoming season.....

The have pretty much the same team as last year after adding Barry and Lukaku as signings

Not sure what they will do but I think they will be in around the spaces with Spurs - Martinez is proving himself to be very good.

But can easily see as you suggest and they drop away as they haven't strengthened overall

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Dunno, I think the bues will finish above spurs, and possibly one other, but doubt they will get top 4.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There is always a 'rogue' club that starts off well and then continues playing with more and more confidence than normal and takes points off teams it wouldn't have expected to at the outset, unfortunately their giddy heights are never repeated or built on and some get relegated the following season. Its always a surprise who it can be and that makes for a better season as it breaks up the monopoly of the top 6/7, although the obvious backers would be Stoke and/or Palace although I wouldn't class then as 'rogue' clubs now as they have some decent pedigree and direction about them and seem to be focused on getting into that top 6/7 by merit and not just because of a good start.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
West Ham run on a 1 in 4 years cycle

Relegation
Hold on by skin of teeth x2
Goodish year finishing 7th to 12th (or 6th in CL and win playoff)

So we'll either get relegated or have our good year
Cold be the latter, as knowing that Carroll is out for ages might make us start off with a proper football strategy rather than waiting for him to come back every week

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I may be biased but I think Middlesbrough have a decent shout of going up this season. In Karanka we have an up and coming manager who appears to play the right way but in a robust fashion so we're not too susceptible at the back. He's made a few decent signings including loans. His ability to attract players (probably due to his relationship with Mourinho) like Omeruo, who is going to be some player in the future, to come for experience only enhances our chances. We were the form team at the back end of last season albeit our push came a little too late.

A few weeks ago I got odds of 7/1 for us to be promoted and 20/1 to win the league. These have been backed in so it appears I'm not the only one who fancies us doing well.

Looking good for the Boro. Definitely top 6, but top 2 I'm not so sure of.

Confidently predict Newcastle will be mediocre.........as always :thup:

Not sure they'll aspire to such greatness Bri

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm making no predictions on this one. Last season I said on here that Southampton wouldn't make top 10:eek:
Cost me £30:mad:

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking good for the Boro. Definitely top 6, but top 2 I'm not so sure of.

Not sure they'll aspire to such greatness Bri

Interested to see a few of the new players toon have, top ten is definitely the aim, although I fear we may be in a scrap once pardew has his yearly moment of madness.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hull, made some decent signings and Swansea assuming they keep Bony.

We are going to struggle at the beginning of the season, as our four main midfielders are all out injured.:( When they return, and assuming the new owner puts up some cash for a new striker we might make the play offs.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hull, made some decent signings and Swansea assuming they keep Bony.

We are going to struggle at the beginning of the season, as our four main midfielders are all out injured.:( When they return, and assuming the new owner puts up some cash for a new striker we might make the play offs.

Agree that Hull have made a few astute signings, they surprised me last year so if they carry on along the same road they should do well.

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think Cardiff may struggle this year big time and would be one of my picks to go down. I think Palace may have over achieved last season but I like the honest way Pullis goes about things and I thik they'll be safe. Newcastle will have another season where they dabble with the palette without painting the full picture and have mid-table anonimity

Getting use to life in the championship as a Fulham fan and looking forward to the battle for promotion or the play offs which if Fulham are true to form will keep my interest until about Christmas and the rest of the year will be looking over the shoulder at the drop. At least we'll get six points from Reading which will be nice and give me muchos bragging rights around the hospital

Cardiff as one of your picks to go down? Stick to golf, Homer!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steady start for the Owls so far but I'm waiting for the usual 10 game losing streak which sends us plummeting down the table. New owner and the club is now looking a lot better than it has done for many a year so fingers crossed.
And staying on the positives, Sheff Utd have lost two from two :D