The EFL Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So is this Plymouth down already 😬
When you consider the family home is in Cheshire, and no way is Colleen moving from their newly purpose built mansion, and Plymouth is about the most awkward place to reach from there in the league pyramid, this smells of a desperate throw from Rooney.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When you consider the family home is in Cheshire, and no way is Colleen moving from their newly purpose built mansion, and Plymouth is about the most awkward place to reach from there in the league pyramid, this smells of a desperate throw from Rooney.

Trying to (re)build a reputation as a decent manager.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Saints finished the season superbly, over 20 games unbeaten. That said, Burnley were superb the season they went up, way above today’s finalists but came straight back down.
Er, you will have to explain that one to me. April is, sort of, part of the finish to the season, is it not?

saints losses.jpg

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Reported that Leeds will need to make around £100m in sales to conform to the more stringent spending rules in the EFL. I guess they brought in a good few players for the promotion campaign. They have a number of players out on loan who they’re hoping will become permanent sales, plus 2-3 ‘stars’ they might need to sell to balance the books.

Seems excessive on the back of parachute payments.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reported that Leeds will need to make around £100m in sales to conform to the more stringent spending rules in the EFL. I guess they brought in a good few players for the promotion campaign. They have a number of players out on loan who they’re hoping will become permanent sales, plus 2-3 ‘stars’ they might need to sell to balance the books.

Seems excessive on the back of parachute payments.

I imagine that wages will be as big an issue as transfer fees. They are hidden cost that us fans don't see. Occasionally figures get leaked and 😳😳 are they mad.