The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Who knows? Some merit in Sky asking him to provoke discussion.

But if that’s the case they’ve made him look like a washed up has-been. It’s actually quite sad to watch him these days - he’s not an insightful expert, but a bit of a figure of fun.
Big difference between provokeing discussion and getting something as simple as goal line technology totally wrong.

4LEX

Visit site
Good try, but goal line technology has been in use in the EFL since 2017/18, for all Championship matches and in the play offs for league 1 & 2 at times, so no reason why it wouldn’t be used in sll comps

Plus why didn’t the other pundits or presenter help him out, the camera zoomed in on the Ref looking at his wrist then awarding a goal.So for the majority of matches it isn't in use then?

So for the majority of matches it isn't in use then?

Championship - Yes
League One - No
League Two - No

Play Offs from League One and Two consist of a grand total of 10 games.

So that's 567 games where it's used and 1104 where it isn't.

PaulMdj

Visit site
So for the majority of matches it isn't in use then?

Championship - Yes
League One - No
League Two - No

Play Offs from League One and Two consist of a grand total of 10 games.

So that's 567 games where it's used and 1104 where it isn't.
😂😂 Merson should be totally aware how GLT works or what did he think the Ref was checking his watch for.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Could be a really good move. He’ll be working with a good coach, in a team which nobody expects to see achieve much at this level. It might be just the sort of move he needs.

He needs to get time to get his fitness back up , what didn’t help was being thrown straight into the mix at West Ham

Still think he is a good player - move to city has pretty much ruined his career

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The Phillips move to City, questionable from both sides. As the player youd want to have the confidence to get into the team and the contract hard to turn down. But again we are talking about multi millionaires, he could have signed for a mid table team and kept playing regularly. I do find it slightly ironic that he kept his place in the England team whilst not playing at City and it was regular football that actually lost him his place.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Totally agree.
Not sure I'd agree with AW that City have ruined him. More a case of "self-destruct" taking the big money move knowing you aren't getting much playing time. I know Leeds weren't doing anything at the time but surely a move sonewhere where he'd have played would have been a smarter move. Even with West Ham I didn't see him getting too many opportunities in a side that has been progressing in recent seasons

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure I'd agree with AW that City have ruined him. More a case of "self-destruct" taking the big money move knowing you aren't getting much playing time. I know Leeds weren't doing anything at the time but surely a move sonewhere where he'd have played would have been a smarter move. Even with West Ham I didn't see him getting too many opportunities in a side that has been progressing in recent seasons

There was real excitement when he signed for us tbh. Depth added to the midfield. Cover for Alvarez, real pedigree

However on his debut the hospital ball from zouma that left him unable to do anything but give a pen.. confidence just went

Everything he tried just the luck was ridiculous. 2 yellows for silly fouls , the "pen" against Newcastle where Gordon ran into his foot when he cleared the ball.. he just couldn't catch a break

Really hope he refinds his mojo as he isn't a bad player

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In a very strange position that (even though the rumours are we still looking for 1-2 more players this window) the bulk of our transfer business is complete well in time for the first game of the season.

Bowen has just been announced as captain going forward, much preferred than the cat kicker (who we are still looking to shift for free but he failed a medical in Saudi)

I really enjoyed the results under sir David the past few years, the trophy win and the European football but at same time I'm excited to see what kind of football j-lo produces. In our final pre season we had a 2-2 draw with two cracking goals from Bowen and paquata. Add to them since that game todibo and AWB can tighten up the defence very much looking forward to how the season pans out.

Nailed on defeat Saturday 🤣

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In a very strange position that (even though the rumours are we still looking for 1-2 more players this window) the bulk of our transfer business is complete well in time for the first game of the season.

Bowen has just been announced as captain going forward, much preferred than the cat kicker (who we are still looking to shift for free but he failed a medical in Saudi)

I really enjoyed the results under sir David the past few years, the trophy win and the European football but at same time I'm excited to see what kind of football j-lo produces. In our final pre season we had a 2-2 draw with two cracking goals from Bowen and paquata. Add to them since that game todibo and AWB can tighten up the defence very much looking forward to how the season pans out.

Nailed on defeat Saturday 🤣

Was very much safety first, with a view to not conceding and nicking one. We had some enjoyable games under him but also some hammerings away from home.

You've got his mate Ballague doing as many interviews as he can if things aren't going his way, he was constantly moaning on his behalf.