The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In a very strange position that (even though the rumours are we still looking for 1-2 more players this window) the bulk of our transfer business is complete well in time for the first game of the season.

Bowen has just been announced as captain going forward, much preferred than the cat kicker (who we are still looking to shift for free but he failed a medical in Saudi)

I really enjoyed the results under sir David the past few years, the trophy win and the European football but at same time I'm excited to see what kind of football j-lo produces. In our final pre season we had a 2-2 draw with two cracking goals from Bowen and paquata. Add to them since that game todibo and AWB can tighten up the defence very much looking forward to how the season pans out.

Nailed on defeat Saturday 🤣
Lot of players there will need time to bed in.
But a good window for you.

Not a fan of striker being captain.
Seems to take a bit of focus from them.
But a big fan of Bowen hope it goes well for him.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The way I see it is we can play the same midfield and forward line as before and it's only 3 new defenders

Our defence was shocking last year so it can't be any worse lol 😆

Emerson will be the only one left after 3 games .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The way I see it is we can play the same midfield and forward line as before and it's only 3 new defenders

Our defence was shocking last year so it can't be any worse lol 😆

Emerson will be the only one left after 3 games .
Prob why he hasn’t made a defender captain then 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prob why he hasn’t made a defender captain then 👍

Yeah looks like Bowen will always play. Where as other captain material players

Killman (will play but brand new player , not always good idea)
JWP (might not start)
Soucek (won't start)
Coufal (won't start)
Alvarez (will start but bit petulant)

I think Bowen won't be able to talk to the refs as much as he gets the majority of the fouls against him so will be facing the floor

Shame we won't see it Saturday but I'd love to see this line up

--------------areola

AWB todibo killman Emerson

JWP ---rodriguez--paquata

Kudus Bowen Summervile

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
In a very strange position that (even though the rumours are we still looking for 1-2 more players this window) the bulk of our transfer business is complete well in time for the first game of the season.

Bowen has just been announced as captain going forward, much preferred than the cat kicker (who we are still looking to shift for free but he failed a medical in Saudi)

I really enjoyed the results under sir David the past few years, the trophy win and the European football but at same time I'm excited to see what kind of football j-lo produces. In our final pre season we had a 2-2 draw with two cracking goals from Bowen and paquata. Add to them since that game todibo and AWB can tighten up the defence very much looking forward to how the season pans out.

Nailed on defeat Saturday 🤣

Emery’s never won away against West Ham… and a lot of our starters haven’t played a minute of pre season 😂 anything could happen Saturday

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Emery’s never won away against West Ham… and a lot of our starters haven’t played a minute of pre season 😂 anything could happen Saturday

Draw it is!

Wonder if Duran will appear after this game.. although you have given him the number 9 after he did the hammers on his Instagram 😲

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If only there was some way for him to have known when the first game of the season was 🤷🏻‍♂️
Every club is in the same position- but I don’t understand why he always seems to be negative the media , doesn’t look to put any sort of positive spin on it

He should be front and centre telling everyone how well they have recruited and how great the players are right now eager to get the season going

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Surely a striker is the perfect choice for a captain - after all, they only need to do the coin toss and they are the one nearest the centre circle so ideally placed. Most captains can't even sort out arguments between players about penalties and free kicks.

Swango1980

Visit site
Every club is in the same position- but I don’t understand why he always seems to be negative the media , doesn’t look to put any sort of positive spin on it

He should be front and centre telling everyone how well they have recruited and how great the players are right now eager to get the season going
It is really difficult to work out how you come to that conclusion.

Last season, virtually every pundit in media (especially those without links to Man Utd) were crying for him to be sacked, and he remained positive throughout. People slated Utds performances, which was fair, and he was slated for putting overly positive spins on those performances.

Now you are suddenly giving us a narrative he is always negative!!?

I think a lot of managers will think they could do with a bit more time to prepare. Some of their players have not been back long, having reached the latter part of international tournaments. New recruits will have only just arrived, and some still to arrive. ETH never said Utd are the only side not ready, he simply made a comment where you can see where he is coming from, given the time between end of last season and start of this one.

PaulMdj

Visit site

You’re not allowed to criticise individual managers as it affects all Clubs, unless of course it’s fixture congestion and then Pep and Klopp were meant to shut up and get on with it. #doublestandards

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely a striker is the perfect choice for a captain - after all, they only need to do the coin toss and they are the one nearest the centre circle so ideally placed. Most captains can't even sort out arguments between players about penalties and free kicks.
Most strikers only look back at the whole team when the opponents have the ball.
Where a CB ( my choice) sees the whole picture when they have the ball and when we have the ball.

If it’s the coin toss only just put the luckiest one there.😂

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It is really difficult to work out how you come to that conclusion.

Last season, virtually every pundit in media (especially those without links to Man Utd) were crying for him to be sacked, and he remained positive throughout. People slated Utds performances, which was fair, and he was slated for putting overly positive spins on those performances.

Now you are suddenly giving us a narrative he is always negative!!?

I think a lot of managers will think they could do with a bit more time to prepare. Some of their players have not been back long, having reached the latter part of international tournaments. New recruits will have only just arrived, and some still to arrive. ETH never said Utd are the only side not ready, he simply made a comment where you can see where he is coming from, given the time between end of last season and start of this one.
Is it a silent alarm or a big air raid siren 🤔