The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Yes finally.

Man united are very difficult to deal with , it's great to get it over the line. A real coup for us.

Good signing. Not sure I agree with your assessment of United being difficult to deal with, though. You’ve got him at a bargain price and we’ve paid a severance package to help grease the wheels.

The primary issue with United outgoings is the ludicrous contracts our players are on. It makes negotiating with the agents an absolute nightmare I would imagine.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good signing. Not sure I agree with your assessment of United being difficult to deal with, though. You’ve got him at a bargain price and we’ve paid a severance package to help grease the wheels.

The primary issue with United outgoings is the ludicrous contracts our players are on. It makes negotiating with the agents an absolute nightmare I would imagine.

That's the issue. It took a lot of work to get you to agree to honour the contract , something you refused to do with Maguire last year which canned the deal

Wasn't Harry's fault the contract he was offered yet you guys wanted us to pay his pay off , thankfully AWB deal is going to be done this time

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
But everybody's dream is to play for Liverpool?

Puts us in the same boat as Barcelona , Arsenal and Munich as clubs he has turned down

It is a shame as he looked a decent player , didn’t see much of him outside the the Euros

He said yes but then changed his mind , his home club went on the offensive and can’t blame them - it’s not much different to when Gerrard changed his mind to stay with us

Whilst I don’t think it’s great to go back on your word can only applaud him for sticking with his home club even if it’s for less money etc

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Puts us in the same boat as Barcelona , Arsenal and Munich as clubs he has turned down

It is a shame as he looked a decent player , didn’t see much of him outside the the Euros

He said yes but then changed his mind , his home club went on the offensive and can’t blame them - it’s not much different to when Gerrard changed his mind to stay with us

Whilst I don’t think it’s great to go back on your word can only applaud him for sticking with his home club even if it’s for less money etc
Yes looked a good player.
But when your after the best of the best your going to get knocked back a bit.

Happened to me in nightclubs a lot 😳😳

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Think Villa at the weekend will be a very good benchmark for you. If you get close to emulating their performances last season it will be a great effort
Might need a bit of time bedding the new players in, Loppy tried various defensive set ups during preseason and they all seemed to make mistakes that led to goals, I think that’s inevitable with the possession based football he wants to play, hopefully he will get it sorted, going forward I think we will have goals aplenty.

Really looking forward to the new season. 😀

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might need a bit of time bedding the new players in, Loppy tried various defensive set ups during preseason and they all seemed to make mistakes that led to goals, I think that’s inevitable with the possession based football he wants to play, hopefully he will get it sorted, going forward I think we will have goals aplenty.

Really looking forward to the new season. 😀

To be fair it's half the first choice defence, AWB and this tobido guy will be the right side by the looks

Will take a few games but promising for sure

Until he banned or sold paquata is going to be one to watch

4LEX

Visit site
Cole Palmer has just extended his Chelsea deal until 2033 😳. Agents must be laughing their socks off at Chelsea right now, they are just a never ending cash machine.

I can see them really struggling this season and finishing in the bottom half. Average manager, shocking recruitment, huge contracts for most players so motivation will drop. Throw in key players being injury prone and them looking to sell the ones that actually put a shift in.

Boehly has managed to make Ed Woodward and the Glazers look like they knew what they were doing :whistle:

PaulMdj

Visit site
Just how stupid is Paul Merson🤬 watching Soccer Special and the Sheff Utd v Wrexham match has a goal, a Sheff Utd player heads at goal, defender tried to clear it, Referee looks at his wrist to see what the goal line technology says and gives the goal.

Merson is in the studio is going on about not being sure and how the Linesman can give a goal.

Absolute clown🤡 they show the Ref looking at his wrist and signalling goal.

They then show the graphic and he congratulates the Linesman on a great spot.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just how stupid is Paul Merson🤬 watching Soccer Special and the Sheff Utd v Wrexham match has a goal, a Sheff Utd player heads at goal, defender tried to clear it, Referee looks at his wrist to see what the goal line technology says and gives the goal.

Merson is in the studio is going on about not being sure and how the Linesman can give a goal.

Absolute clown🤡 they show the Ref looking at his wrist and signalling goal.

They then show the graphic and he congratulates the Linesman on a great spot.

He is one of the worst pundits to ever appear on TV. An absolute prize halfwit. I occasionally ask myself if he’s just trying to come across as a bit edgy and controversial, like that other clown Chris Sutton.

But whereas Sutton has a degree of intelligence and common sense, Merson is just a grade one buffoon.

4LEX

Visit site
Merse is old school, he's got his issues but he is genuine. I think he struggles to articulate things in the heat of the moment but a lot of what he says generally is spot on. I don't think he realised that tech was available in the competition. As far as I know it's never been available in the EFL beyond The Championship to date, let alone the first round of the EFL Cup.

Sutton is clever and sly, he knows what he's doing and winds people up very well. Two totally different type of pundit.