The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Brest and their 26 supporters up in Level 7 will feel a little bit aggrieved that they are not on level terms at the very least at half time. They've shown far more attacking threat than Girona did and forced several saves out of Dubravka and had some attempts whistle by the posts. Caused the back four a lot of issues with their fleet footed forward play and incisive passing. Osula saw his debut goal (correctly) ruled out for offside after showing good pace to outstrip the Brest defence and placing a calm finish across the keeper.

Newcastle started the game well but Brest have been largely dominating possession for the last 25 minutes. As ever, the next goal will be crucial to how the game pans out.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not too disappointed with that. Lots of positives today. And we now know for sure that Jonny Evans is not a finisher.

Swango1980

Visit site
Lost on penalties, but pretty happy with the game generally. Some decent football, hopefully a good final warm up. Though playing against more defensive sides it still going to be another test we need to pass. Interested as to how Friday night will go.

Jonny Evans, let's hope you never need to take a penalty ever again

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Transfer merry go round continues

AWB traveling down to London for a medical tomorrow with a year contract being signed (£15 million)

Then man united will be signing Noussair Mazraoui by the looks for 20 million

Bit of a win for both clubs with awb not wanting to stay by sounds

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Thought it was going to be a sensible summer for transfers but Chelsea paying £50plus mil for a guy for who can play a season without getting some bad injury and then Spurs paying £65mil for Solanke ?! £65mil 😮

Utd finally get De Ligt - interesting to see how he goes , hasn’t really fulfilled the potential over the last 3/4 years , seems suspect to pace

Mazzouri is a solid full back

A few more signings and and ETH won’t be far from signing all the players he had at Ajax

Not sure why they sold Kambwala though and kept Evans ?
At least we can rely on Liverpool to get everything spot on & pay just the right money for players who dream of playing for LFC ☺️

Red devil

Visit site
Transfer merry go round continues

AWB traveling down to London for a medical tomorrow with a year contract being signed (£15 million)

Then man united will be signing Noussair Mazraoui by the looks for 20 million

Bit of a win for both clubs with awb not wanting to stay by sounds
I'll be disappointed to see AWB go I think he's one of the best one on one defenders in the country. Crossing leaves a bit to be desired but been playing some good stuff for Utd of late. Getting a bargain there for £15m

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I'll be disappointed to see AWB go I think he's one of the best one on one defenders in the country. Crossing leaves a bit to be desired but been playing some good stuff for Utd of late. Getting a bargain there for £15m

He’s good but a little bit left behind in terms of what teams need from their right backs these days as he is very limited going forward. Dalot has left him in his wake, having come on in leaps and bounds in the last eighteen months.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yeah seems a good fit for us, good price for sure. Apparently we aren't done in the window aswell .. 1-2 more coming in

One is rumoured to be a midfielder called soler .. never heard of him but heard he has a bit of flare (I'll get my coat)

Should be an interesting season to say the least