The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strong rumours zouma off to Saudi league on a cheap deal

Putting aside his cat kicking I think it's a good deal for everyone. Especially him. His knees are shot but playing at that lower intensity level will mean he can play for a little longer before retiring.

Gets his wages off our books

Everyone wins

Another day another signing on the verge

Been trailing him all summer. If we get this one over the line that will be the icing on the cake of a great window thus far (the player, his agent and our director of football landed in London not long ago, Tim clocking up his carbon footprint this summer)

AWB will be the cherry on top .. apparently still in talks with united over his exit fee or something

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another day another signing on the verge

Been trailing him all summer. If we get this one over the line that will be the icing on the cake of a great window thus far (the player, his agent and our director of football landed in London not long ago, Tim clocking up his carbon footprint this summer)

AWB will be the cherry on top .. apparently still in talks with united over his exit fee or something
Think you have done some great business. Would AWB really be that much of a step up for you?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think you have done some great business. Would AWB really be that much of a step up for you?

It's about numbers for us. We let Ben Johnson leave so our right back options are coufal (who is 32) and then nobody

Coufal doesn't suit the new system as well as he did the old system from what we have seen.

Awb is in his prime and then coufal becomes a decent back up option

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Solanke to spurs for £60m apparently

I think he is an outstanding player. Would really have liked to sign him but we missed out chance last summer when he was available for less

In a team like spurs with decent service he will score a fair number of goals

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Neto on his way to Chelsea by the looks of it, £50m+3m in add ons. A lot of money for someone with his injury record, wonder who we'll get with that 3m reinvested.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New tunnel at Old Trafford and planned £50m upgrades to the training facilities - but the roof still leaks and fans are being forgotten. New ‘owner’, same priorities 🤯

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
New tunnel at Old Trafford and planned £50m upgrades to the training facilities - but the roof still leaks and fans are being forgotten. New ‘owner’, same priorities 🤯

I think the training facilities are more important given the filth they’ve been serving up on the pitch these last few years!

In truth, I’ve been a frequent visitor to Old Trafford over many years, and never seen any real issue with the leaky roof. The footage we all saw on TV at the back end of last season with water pouring through was taken when the rain was absolutely biblical - really extreme.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the training facilities are more important given the filth they’ve been serving up on the pitch these last few years!

In truth, I’ve been a frequent visitor to Old Trafford over many years, and never seen any real issue with the leaky roof. The footage we all saw on TV at the back end of last season with water pouring through was taken when the rain was absolutely biblical - really extreme.
From some of the stories I have seen, it isn’t just the roof. The whole stadium needs a lot of work and this is just polishing a 💩

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
From some of the stories I have seen, it isn’t just the roof. The whole stadium needs a lot of work and this is just polishing a 💩

I’m sure the (alleged) 100,000 all seater temple which is planned will have a decent roof attached.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

We had the same rain in the Euros, I think in Dortmund? It’s one of those things. Shocking while it happens, but not really worrying over the year.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Newcastle looking very sharp against the 3rd best team in Spain last year...15 minutes gone and 3 goals to the good.

Gordon already showing Southgate what he missed out on in the summer.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Newcastle looking very sharp against the 3rd best team in Spain last year...15 minutes gone and 3 goals to the good.

Gordon already showing Southgate what he missed out on in the summer.

4-0 at half time....should have been 6 or 7 in truth....Isak missed a penalty and the Girona keeper has made a couple of flying saves.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No more goals in the 2nd half. Girona sorted themselves out defensively and posed more of a threat in the second half but only created just one or two clear cut opportunities. Newcastle played largely on the break and despite ceding quite a bit of possession still created 4 or 5 more decent scoring opportunities. The 2nd half was largely punctuated, as a lot of pre season friendlies are, with numerous substitutions. Couple of the Newcastle kids, with a bit more composure in front of goal, could have easily had their name's up in lights.

Comfortable win. Will be interesting to see what team is fielded tomorrow as most of the first team played at least 60 minutes tonight with the exception of Gordon who went of at half time after seeing a bit of rough treatment towards half time.