The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He will do well for J-Lo im sure. however its about options really. Bowen is able to play up top and now this fulkrug guy.. with kudus summervile paquata bowen all as options behind and the young guy we brought in forget his name just more options rather than just here is antonio ..

if he gets 10 goals ill be happy

still rumors of duran signing from villa , if he arrives additional that will be some front line
I don't really get why you're so excited for this guy either. Hasn't really done anything and if Villa are happy for him to leave then how good can he be?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't really get why you're so excited for this guy either. Hasn't really done anything and if Villa are happy for him to leave then how good can he be?

He's stuck behind Watkins, he isn't going to surpass him

He seems to be very raw but got a good finish on him

It's an area we lack in up top itself

Having those 2 options allows Bowen to go back right which is his best position, kudus can go central, Summervile left and then paquata drops deeping into midfield until his ban

Just having that option up top opens more from the rest. When Antonio was fit last year we saw the same just allowing Bowen to be played in his best position

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He's stuck behind Watkins, he isn't going to surpass him

He seems to be very raw but got a good finish on him

It's an area we lack in up top itself

Having those 2 options allows Bowen to go back right which is his best position, kudus can go central, Summervile left and then paquata drops deeping into midfield until his ban

Just having that option up top opens more from the rest. When Antonio was fit last year we saw the same just allowing Bowen to be played in his best position
You're so excited for this season aren't you 🤣

Nice to see someone have a bit of confidence in their team. I quite liked Lopetagui at ours and it's a shame it ended the way it did.

Swango1980

Visit site
It is the start of August. I think most of us have been deprived of club football for such a long time, and are extremely excited and hopeful for the new season. Chance to wipe the slate clean.

Then, once the season kicks off, 50% of us will be depressed again after the first game, and after the first few weeks most of us will be depressed, and venting our fury at underperforming players, referees, VAR, pundits and opposition players / managers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Nice to see someone have a bit of confidence in their team. I quite liked Lopetagui at ours and it's a shame it ended the way it did.

Very excited lol football season starting is always exciting

I enjoyed watching kudos and Bowen last year along with paquata, I didn't agree with the treatment Moyes got but could understand with a more attacking manager it would be a better watch. J-lo looks set to implement this

First signing was a young Brazilian for 20 million. Very much a future signing but with the players brought in since the pressure is off him for me

Killman what a signing. Proven premier league , goes straight into the team .. we do however need a right back and possible a cb to go with him

Summerville caught me off guard, didn't think we would get him especially for that price. Seems to be the left wing version of Bowen .. so again happy with that

We all thought paquata would be at city but he's been given the all clear to play until his hearing which wont be this season by looks so that's a bonus player

We have actually bought a striker , possible of another coming. Again positive

The midfield though, argie world cup winning defensive midfielder on a free? Just another bit of depth

We don't have any Europa to worry about this season so I can see us doing well due to bigger squad for less games.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I suspect we will see the standard West Ham reaction half way through October/November - the head of the manager will be called for when they are not playing the “West Ham” despite some grinding results

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is the start of August. I think most of us have been deprived of club football for such a long time, and are extremely excited and hopeful for the new season. Chance to wipe the slate clean.

Then, once the season kicks off, 50% of us will be depressed again after the first game, and after the first few weeks most of us will be depressed, and venting our fury at underperforming players, referees, VAR, pundits and opposition players / managers.
Must admit, my feeling is more that we've finally had a decent little break from football which has been lovely, and I'm not too excited at the prospect of the grind starting again. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guido Rodriguez officially signs for free on a 2 year deal

RB to complete the window and another CB would make it perfect

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Very excited lol football season starting is always exciting

I enjoyed watching kudos and Bowen last year along with paquata, I didn't agree with the treatment Moyes got but could understand with a more attacking manager it would be a better watch. J-lo looks set to implement this

First signing was a young Brazilian for 20 million. Very much a future signing but with the players brought in since the pressure is off him for me

Killman what a signing. Proven premier league , goes straight into the team .. we do however need a right back and possible a cb to go with him

Summerville caught me off guard, didn't think we would get him especially for that price. Seems to be the left wing version of Bowen .. so again happy with that

We all thought paquata would be at city but he's been given the all clear to play until his hearing which wont be this season by looks so that's a bonus player

We have actually bought a striker , possible of another coming. Again positive

The midfield though, argie world cup winning defensive midfielder on a free? Just another bit of depth

We don't have any Europa to worry about this season so I can see us doing well due to bigger squad for less games.

Have you watched much of Kilman? Genuinely interested because I've watched every game and I'm still not sure on him. But i did say the same about Jota so what do I know.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you watched much of Kilman? Genuinely interested because I've watched every game and I'm still not sure on him.

I've seen him in bits but it's another one that it's an improvement on what we have. Without a shadow of a doubt our best CB of the past 3 seasons was Dawson, he never got replaced

Now zouma when he signed was decent however his knees are gone from kicking too many cats. It's like watching someone play walking football in a normal game

We need someone who's dependable and available. A good age. Leader in the dressing room. Home grown helps aswell

With Tim in charge of transfers it does seem to be here is a selection of players we can offer , pick your options . J-lo worked with him before and there we go

It's also nice to see business done quickly , Moyes got all his benefits liked to vet players and took forever to decide to sign him. He turned down fullkrug last season and he said he regretted it, for the price we could have got for it's just a risk to take? Now we pay more to get him year later

So it's refreshing to see early business

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City just agreed almost £82 million for Alvarez from Atletico. I know he is a decent player, but surely that is a huge amount, and an offer City could never refuse?
Personally I think there is so much more to come from Alvarez. He is an energetic player and Athletico are building a good team.
From City’s point of view. Fantastic business and profit on a player.
Wish him all the best.

4LEX

Visit site
Personally I think there is so much more to come from Alvarez. He is an energetic player and Athletico are building a good team.
From City’s point of view. Fantastic business and profit on a player.
Wish him all the best.

City always sell at the right time and for good money.

Any idea who will come in to replace him?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Deep fake lot of it about.
It’s a big problem now can’t belive what you see or hear on social media.🙈
Considering the guff a certain owner of a social media business has been saying, why would you even visit it or quote from it?

I did see someone today that made me think he might be off because of where he was...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City always sell at the right time and for good money.

Any idea who will come in to replace him?
To be honest I have not heard of anyone. There was strong rumours re Olmo coming but I believe he is off to Barca. Could be a big year for Bobb who has come through the Academy.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strong rumours zouma off to Saudi league on a cheap deal

Putting aside his cat kicking I think it's a good deal for everyone. Especially him. His knees are shot but playing at that lower intensity level will mean he can play for a little longer before retiring.

Gets his wages off our books

Everyone wins