The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@nickjdavis I think Gordon has only recently returned from holiday so 45 minutes would have been enough for him anyway.

Just for fun, he was in the park at morpeth a few days ago, no not on the swings 🤭. Lovely park, anyway he was happy to stand for photos with kids. He comes across very well with the fans, they have taken to him. It would be a shame if he left.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Screenshot_2024-08-10-13-10-36-73_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Official. Decent CB partner for killman

AWB on the verge .. should be done in time for first game of season

If he signs 9/10 window

If Duran signs it's 10/10

Cracking business

Summerville my fav

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Looks as though United are close to getting deals for Matthijs de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui over the line. One or two are querying why the club have pursued the latter, but he can play in either fullback position so may be an astute bit of business.

So the defence is slowly taking shape, but there is still a gaping hole in the defensive midfield role. That must be a priority before deadline day.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks as though United are close to getting deals for Matthijs de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui over the line. One or two are querying why the club have pursued the latter, but he can play in either fullback position so may be an astute bit of business.

So the defence is slowly taking shape, but there is still a gaping hole in the defensive midfield role. That must be a priority before deadline day.

Toby Collyer. :whistle:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Thought it was going to be a sensible summer for transfers but Chelsea paying £50plus mil for a guy for who can play a season without getting some bad injury and then Spurs paying £65mil for Solanke ?! £65mil 😮

Utd finally get De Ligt - interesting to see how he goes , hasn’t really fulfilled the potential over the last 3/4 years , seems suspect to pace

Mazzouri is a solid full back

A few more signings and and ETH won’t be far from signing all the players he had at Ajax

Not sure why they sold Kambwala though and kept Evans ?

Billysboots

Visit site
Thought it was going to be a sensible summer for transfers but Chelsea paying £50plus mil for a guy for who can play a season without getting some bad injury and then Spurs paying £65mil for Solanke ?! £65mil 😮

Utd finally get De Ligt - interesting to see how he goes , hasn’t really fulfilled the potential over the last 3/4 years , seems suspect to pace

A few more signings and and ETH won’t be far from signing all the players he had at Ajax

I read this morning that the Chelsea squad currently numbers over fifty players with no fewer than EIGHT goalkeepers. Eight.

I know United have been pretty poorly run over the last decade or so. But when I want to cheer myself up these days I just look at Chelsea. And all of a sudden the world seems a much brighter place.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I read this morning that the Chelsea squad currently numbers over fifty players with no fewer than EIGHT goalkeepers. Eight.

I know United have been pretty poorly run over the last decade or so. But when I want to cheer myself up these days I just look at Chelsea. And all of a sudden the world seems a much brighter place.

Think Chelsea have 56 senior players ?! 56 !!!

Doesn’t matter what anyone’s club is doing there is always Chelsea there to make you feel better

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

He wanted to leave to get 1st team football.
Utd were looking at Branthwaite and De Ligt at the time and he, correctly, thought he'd be too far down the pecking order.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Very different Newcastle XI this afternoon.

Yesterdays line up was:
Pope
Livramento
Krafth
Burn
Hall
Longstaff
J.Miley
Joelinton
J.Murphy
Gordon
Isak

Todays starting XI:

Dubravka
Trippier
Schar
Kelly
Harrison
Lewis
Barnes
Almiron
Willock
Guimares
Osula

So a much less experienced line up today but will be interesting to see how the new striker Osula gets on...already seems quite quick and direct. Brest are obviously better organised at the back than Girona were last night, chances so far at a premium

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
So a much less experienced line up today but will be interesting to see how the new striker Osula gets on...already seems quite quick and direct. Brest are obviously better organised at the back than Girona were last night, chances so far at a premium
3 seconds after posting the above Harvey Barnes buries the ball in the far corner of the net!!!

Billysboots

Visit site
Currently, United playing the better football and should be ahead ........................ should be, but aren't.

Squandering chances was an issue in pre season apparently. Rashford has had two great chances - he has to take one of them.