The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s good but a little bit left behind in terms of what teams need from their right backs these days as he is very limited going forward. Dalot has left him in his wake, having come on in leaps and bounds in the last eighteen months.
Isn’t he exactly what TAA isn’t?
Good at defending but crap going forward.
Not many are good at both.
Depends how you want to set up the team but I like him

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Always been a fan. Find it strange how he's never had a cap for England. The perfect right back is Reece James but he can't stay fit for more than 7 weeks a season

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I like him. Great defensively one on one, although perhaps goes to ground a bit too quickly.

But ten Hag quite clearly likes his full backs to play high up the pitch, to the point they are very often the players furthest forward. AWB just isn’t suited to that style I’m afraid.

Red devil

Visit site
He’s good but a little bit left behind in terms of what teams need from their right backs these days as he is very limited going forward. Dalot has left him in his wake, having come on in leaps and bounds in the last eighteen months.
Yes he does tend to dither on the 18yd box.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Possibly. Shame to see him go. Paid £40m for him letting him go for £15m plus if rumour is to be believed a £7m payment to him to get him to go. And still only 26. If his replacement is better then fair enough. We'll have to wait and see

His replacement can play in both full back positions - I think that’s the clincher, given our problems at left back.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some proper loop holes need to be closed in the premier league for transfers to avoid these shady dealings

Everton sell a youth player to villa to boost their PSR

Villa then loan him straight to west brom

Clubs are litterally trading these youth players to keep within the rules with actual interest in their development

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
but Chelsea aren't playing football....they think it is Monopoly, hence the sale of two hotels back to themselves, back in April.

It’s a bit mad tbh

Chelsea fans must be just a touch frustrated at what is going on and also the level of manager that they are getting

Can see it being another season of struggles for them

They have spent another fortune but still appear to missing a few things - a leader , a right back , centre back and a number 9

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Anyone know if Beezerks shirt is real or fake. 😁👍

Personally I wouldn’t be seen dead in a fake shirt, but if clubs charge stupid money for them I can understand why folk buy fake.
What if your in a fake Armani ?
Or just ones that they sell for mega bucks!
Fashion police in footy who would have thought it?😳😳

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

This is getting a bit ridiculous now

Even more so when there is a bit of confusion over Man Utd’s extra covid losses which meant they didn’t break PSR and add in the continuing spending of Chelsea

Wonder how big their fine will be

Last edited: