The Cricket Thread

D

Deleted member 15344

Plenty of overs left to get the runs - missing Mills could be key

One more wicket is needed

D

Deleted member 15344

One quality catch with a great run out plus some sensible bowling - England asked a question in this game and doing very well answering it now. Not easy with the wet ball

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Starting to get traction outside the cricket world:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...sobel-yorkshire-dcms-headingley-b1949825.html

Rory Dollard
@thervd
·
1h
Significant movement in the Yorkshire/Rafiq case.

Government's DCMS Committee is called YCCC chair Roger Hutton to give evidence on the matter.

Julian Knight MP says: "It's clear that YCCC has questions to http://answer.It is time for them to answer their critics."

Sajid Javid @sajidjavid
5m
“Paki” is not banter.

Heads should roll at Yorkshire CCC.

If @ECB_cricket doesn’t take action it’s not fit for purpose.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Starting to get traction outside the cricket world:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...sobel-yorkshire-dcms-headingley-b1949825.html

Rory Dollard
@thervd
·
1h
Significant movement in the Yorkshire/Rafiq case.

Government's DCMS Committee is called YCCC chair Roger Hutton to give evidence on the matter.

Julian Knight MP says: "It's clear that YCCC has questions to http://answer.It is time for them to answer their critics."

Sajid Javid @sajidjavid
5m
“Paki” is not banter.

Heads should roll at Yorkshire CCC.

If @ECB_cricket doesn’t take action it’s not fit for purpose.

Massive developments today. Government comments mean the ECB has to do something rather than bury its head in the sand and hope it all goes away. Gonna be an interesting few weeks.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Massive developments today. Government comments mean the ECB has to do something rather than bury its head in the sand and hope it all goes away. Gonna be an interesting few weeks.

And so they should. Yorkshire CCC are stuck in the middle of the last century. They simply haven’t realised this is 2021.

As unforgivable as that is, for the governing body to bury its head in the sand, especially given what is going on elsewhere in the world of sport to try and raise awareness of and eradicate racism, is an absolute scandal.

Grizzly

Visit site
I think the best, certainly the most balanced, article on the issues with Yorkshire's handling of the case came from Chris Waters:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...-over-azeem-rafiq-affair-chris-waters-3439832

I think he hits the nail on the head in his conclusion - the full report needs to be disclosed, for good or for for ill on all sides, because at the moment we have a lot of people (and I appreciate myself included in that) placing their own spin/perceptions on the redacted summary.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think the best, certainly the most balanced, article on the issues with Yorkshire's handling of the case came from Chris Waters:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...-over-azeem-rafiq-affair-chris-waters-3439832

I think he hits the nail on the head in his conclusion - the full report needs to be disclosed, for good or for for ill on all sides, because at the moment we have a lot of people (and I appreciate myself included in that) placing their own spin/perceptions on the redacted summary.

Cant say I agree in total tbh, the way that article reads to me is that Yorkshire members deserve to know the truth as if that is more important than Azeem Rafiq himself being allowed to read the report and get justice for the way he was treated and those employees of YCCC who are clearly being protected being brought to task along with the organisation that has protected them

To quote "It’s an insult – both to Yorkshire’s loyal members, whose generosity has helped to keep the club going during the pandemic through the selfless donation of membership fees, and to the game in general and the severity of the issue" For me the emphasis here is as far off the mark, as if the Yorkshire members are the ones who have suffered the most through this!!!!!!

Of course the whole report should be published, many (myself included) have been screaming for this for months!. There have been far better articles (from more neutral publications), mainly led by George Dobell who has been pushing this from long before most papers knew it was even a story, also by the likes of Rory Dollard

Like most cricket fans that arent Yorkshire fans, I have next to no sympathy with what happens to the clearly institutionally racist YCCC, actually I do but I'd be accused of punishing them before the facts are fully revealed (even though theyve spent years trying to bury them!)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And another sponsor withdraws...

Emerald Publishing
@EmeraldGlobal
We have taken the decision to remove our brand association with YCCC and Headingley Stadium. We do not tolerate any form of racism or discriminatory behaviour. We hope that YCCC will respond with serious action and uphold the values we all expect. emeraldgrouppublishing.com/news-and-press…

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Emerald Publishing
@EmeraldGlobal
We have taken the decision to remove our brand association with YCCC and Headingley Stadium. We do not tolerate any form of racism or discriminatory behaviour. We hope that YCCC will respond with serious action and uphold the values we all expect. emeraldgrouppublishing.com/news-and-press…

I hope after this is played out, the culture and philosophy of Yorkshire CC is totally and irrevocably changed for good. And also other CCs too.

Listening to George Dobell from Crickinfo on Talksport the past two days has been revealing as he claims he has the full report. Heads must roll.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Emerald Publishing
@EmeraldGlobal
Sky are running a list of companies who are pulling their sponsorship. The list is getting longer and longer including Tetley who have been a key sponsor for over 20 years. It's awful that it has reached this point with nothing happening but money, or removal of it, usually talks.

I'm expecting the majority of the board to go within days now, the club needs sponsors. Saying that, this is Yorkshire but even so...........