The Cricket Thread

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I have not followed any of this test, annoyingly busy at work. Is the wicket a mess or are both teams batting badly? The numbers are crazy.
It’s a mess. But it’s making for bonkers viewing. Spinners turning the ball square one ball, none the next, chest high bounce of a length some balls. India have opened the bowling with two spinners. Says it all.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d be looking to give Bumrah a couple of overs soon if I was India. Mix things up.

why... maybe bring the seams on after Eng has gone past the lead.. i would raher bring Washington as the third spinner earlier to give Ashwin a break. Axar is doing too much at the moment

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
why... maybe bring the seams on after Eng has gone past the lead.. i would raher bring Washington as the third spinner earlier to give Ashwin a break. Axar is doing too much at the moment
So they get somewhat of a new ball and to mix up what the batsmen are facing. It’s harder to adjust to changes in pace and style that it is across different spinners IMO. Plus it may tempt England into rash shots feeling they need to score of a quick.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So they get somewhat of a new ball and to mix up what the batsmen are facing. It’s harder to adjust to changes in pace and style that it is across different spinners IMO. Plus it may tempt England into rash shots feeling they need to score of a quick.
As a captain, if I told my spinner to "have a blow" on a sideways turner and called up my seamer, I'd be told F.O. from both bowlers!!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a captain, if I told my spinner to "have a blow" on a sideways turner and called up my seamer, I'd be told F.O. from both bowlers!!
Haha I’d be furious to be taken off but I’d still see the logic of trying to mix it up, even if just for one or two overs. As a spinner I liked to change ends at least once during a game to see where I had the most purchase.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dodged tat one.. it is inconclusive.. so benefit of doubt should go to batsman... thank god.

Though the mid-on camera shot almost showed daylight between bat & ball.. if they had an ultraedge with the mid-on shot, would be interesting..

... sanity prevails.. move on..

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - it seems that when the English are batting the commentary team have forgotten about the pitch and it’s all about the ability of the Indian bowlers

They are as bias are the umpires

This will be done in two days - that’s an embarrassment

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Blimey - it seems that when the English are batting the commentary team have forgotten about the pitch and it’s all about the ability of the Indian bowlers

I don’t think they’re nearly as biased as you think they are. They favour their own team but you should try paying attention to the English pundits in the studio and tell me they’re not biased the other way.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

Everything is from the BCCI. It's just crap, only good bit was when Swanny said. "look it's gone through and making those puffs of smoke you said had disappeared"

It's never going to be great when England come out to bowl in the first innings and it cuts to a montage of the new stadium.......