The Cricket Thread

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey - it seems that when the English are batting the commentary team have forgotten about the pitch and it’s all about the ability of the Indian bowlers

They are as bias are the umpires

This will be done in two days - that’s an embarrassment

I'm not sure that it's the pitch or the ability of the Indian bowlers. A large part of it is poor batting from the England batsmen.

D

Deleted member 18588

I don’t think they’re nearly as biased as you think they are. They favour their own team but you should try paying attention to the English pundits in the studio and tell me they’re not biased the other way.
But those in the studio are only presenting to a UK audience.

Those on live commentary are broadcasting the English language commentary worldwide.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
But those in the studio are only presenting to a UK audience.

Those on live commentary are broadcasting the English language commentary worldwide.
Your logic is weird. It’s ok to be biased if you’re local but not if you’re international? I don’t agree. I also don’t mind commentators being invested in games, lends more passion to their involvement. But they’re really not as biased as you’re making out, I think you’re over egging that massively.

D

Deleted member 18588

Your logic is weird. It’s ok to be biased if you’re local but not if you’re international? I don’t agree. I also don’t mind commentators being invested in games, lends more passion to their involvement. But they’re really not as biased as you’re making out, I think you’re over egging that massively.
I have not made any claims about the level of their bias, merely stated that when presenting to a global audience it is best if commentators display no bias.

Personally I am far more concerned by the poor pitch and the poor technique of the batsmen (on both sides).

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Unfortunately the 3rd umpire hid behind the VAR-type, inclusive evidence of "clear and obvious error" to overturn. My view is that I think he feathered that and benefit should be to the bat.
He never touched it. There was visible space and no noise!

D

Deleted member 15344

Haha are you for real? There was clear distance and there was no sound until it hit pad. There’s only one side showing bias on this thread!

Are you on a mission to just disagree with everyone and provide the contrary view ? It’s almost like it’s deliberatly done to get a rise from people