The Cricket Thread

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And it’s the same with them - for me once you have played for one nation that’s it

I think any rule that allows a change of nation needs to be contextualised. In rugby there has been a significant amount of pillaging players from smaller nations and it would only seem fair that these players be allowed to return to strengthen their national teams of heritage.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phil Salt is on fire 🔥, he knocked six boundaries in an over ,three sixes and three fours against the windies ,England won with 15 balls to spare . We are getting into our stride now as Bairstow was looking good as well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phil Salt is on fire 🔥, he knocked six boundaries in an over ,three sixes and three fours against the windies ,England won with 15 balls to spare . We are getting into our stride now as Bairstow was looking good as well.

Amazing how you can improve with a few matches under your belt. No real excuse but with most of the pre tournament warm up matches washed out and the opening match washed out, it is no surprise that we were a little rusty.

Time will tell but hoping for some better performances over the upcoming matches.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How has Eng gone from being knocked out by Scotland to being a favorite within a week..... T20 feels like Euros at the moment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
How has Eng gone from being knocked out by Scotland to being a favorite within a week..... T20 feels like Euros at the moment.

The ropey start was hardly a massive shock given how the build up was trashed by the weather. May be a massive false dawn but now they have got some overs under their belt, the team seem to be hitting form. Then again, on their day pretty much anyone in the last 8 can beat anyone else.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

sunshine

Visit site
Then again, on their day pretty much anyone in the last 8 can beat anyone else.

T20 can be like that. England v South Africa a case in point it could have gone either way.

If the group stage had followed seeding and Pakistan and New Zealand were in the final 8 I would totally agree with you. But USA isn’t going to win a game.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
T20 can be like that. England v South Africa a case in point it could have gone either way.

If the group stage had followed seeding and Pakistan and New Zealand were in the final 8 I would totally agree with you. But USA isn’t going to win a game.
Wow.. woke up to the news that Afg had beaten Aus!! Can’t wait to watch the highlights incl a hat trick in vain.

This will make Aus next match a must win match. And they are up against India.. it could be fun …

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Wow.. woke up to the news that Afg had beaten Aus!! Can’t wait to watch the highlights incl a hat trick in vain.

This will make Aus next match a must win match. And they are up against India.. it could be fun …

Having watched the hat trick this morning I can’t help feeling that a hat trick of catches in the deep is rather like getting a hole in one on a pitch and putt 😇