The Cricket Thread

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good to see respect paid to the anthems - just some boos after the Australlian one finished.

Right lads. Let's have em.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fresh Test now, all previous ones forgotten! A bit! ;)

England have won the toss again and have first dibs on what the TV says is a greener, quicker pitch. Lets hope from England's point of view that we use it. Wood has to have the new cherry?

Brook at three is a big worry.

Bairstow owes the team a performance with bat and gloves.

D

Deleted member 15344

Fresh Test now, all previous ones forgotten! A bit! ;)

England have won the toss again and have first dibs on what the TV says is a greener, quicker pitch. Lets hope from England's point of view that we use it. Wood has to have the new cherry?

Brook at three is a big worry.

Bairstow owes the team a performance with bat and gloves.

Well looks a heck of an atmosphere

Also not sure about Brook there at 3 but he has the ability

Aussies are weaker without Lyon , Hazelwood and Green

Getting a wicket early here will be massive

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I think if I could change anything about cricket it would be to outlaw the constant OOOOOOHHHHHs from fielding teams.

The odd one, if there’s a close LBW, a great ball that beats the edge, a catch that drops just short is fine… but when it feels like every other ball that is flicked off the thigh pad for a single and the fielding team vocally orgasm like they’ve just seen Warne’s ball of the century, it grates. It’s clearly to intimidate batsmen and make them feel pressured. “spirit of the game”.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exceptional pace but he needs to make the batter play. Couple of snorters in his second over though.

I’ve always loved watching genuinely quick bowlers. And Wood is one of the quickest I’ve seen.
Yes, needs to make them play and pop in the odd short ball.

I doubt we'll ever see it, but to have Wood and Archer both in tandem bowling at top speed on a quick pitch...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ooh just seen the bruising on Broad's upper arm - ouchey.
Getting hit with a cricket ball really hurts. These guys just brush it off when they get hit, maybe because it hits muscles that I never had :LOL: , but you can't trick a bruise. That shows what happened. Broad was very brave in that last test, taking hit after hit, maybe mixed with a good degree of adrenaline.