The Cricket Thread

D

Deleted member 15344

The mighty Somerset continue to steam roll all in front of them in the T20 blast - the two new guys , Henry and TKC are proving to be excellent additions

Gutted for Leach , improved so much and would have been key to tying down an end

sunshine

Visit site
"Limped over the line?" 😁

Needed 11 runs with over two full days to go? Only lost 4 wickets in the match.

Tough crowd 😉

You know what I mean 😀. Comfortable victory by a big margin, but England did lose the initiative somewhat. When the number 8 and 9 both make 80’s it shows a lack of focus.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You know what I mean 😀. Comfortable victory by a big margin, but England did lose the initiative somewhat. When the number 8 and 9 both make 80’s it shows a lack of focus.

I do. I was wondering if some of the bowling at that time was more about keeping spectators in the ground, than finishing off the game 😉

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate that lives near the oval rang me yesterday to say he'd just seen the Aussie team arriving at the ground for the world test championship against India this week. The tube station was also emblazoned with posters of Indian players. First I'd heard of this, a better run out for the aussies than Ireland.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was at the Oval yesterday. It was baking and as hot as a BBQ. No amount of Pimms and sun cream. I am beyond cooked, i am caramelised.

What a test match.. I thought India was dead and buried but the rear guard action has taken this into day 5. I booked Day 5 tickets on a chance. It was going for 20 quid for adult and a quid for kids. Last night it was at £250!!

The stadium is awash with Indian supporters. Spent some time in the shade with the Bharat Army (the Indian version of the Barmy Army) - it was mad, raucous, noisy, colorful - more like an Indian wedding rather than a cricket match. There are a few Aussie supporters dotted around the stadium.

On the match... well the first session on Sunday will decide everything. Everyone is still expecting an Aussie win. but sports can be fickle. Ofcourse the Camroon Green catch in slip was enough to ignite the stadium into shouts of 'cheat'. Gotta feel for the lad.. but then he is an Aussie... :)

(edit found a pic of this from the Interweb)
100908589.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

Well here we go

Great toss to win but got to get runs on the board and make a solid start

Was surprising they brought Hazlewood in for Starc - thought they would give him another week

And still think one of the England seamers shouldn’t have played and Wood instead

D

Deleted member 15344

Couple of poor shots from Duckett there but Crawley looking solid

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Were the umpires on the lash last night? If those were football referees getting those decisions wrong they would be getting absolute pelters.

I don't know how he missed the glove flick, I saw it and I'm sitting in the house. And the LBW was absolutely plumb, have no idea why he didn't call that one either.
The LBW pitched on the leg side of the leg stump. Hard call for the ump. The thumbed catch however… terrible call by the ump.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
You really cannot argue with an Ashes test for entertainment, runs, wickets, dominance switching between sides and I have only be following on the BBC Live text service.

RichA

Visit site
You really cannot argue with an Ashes test for entertainment, runs, wickets, dominance switching between sides and I have only be following on the BBC Live text service.
Yep. Test Match Special on the radio for me. Joyous!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That’s a stunning shot from Root on day one of a Test Match. Got a feeling this series will be a cracker.