The Cricket Thread

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Decent watch..plenty going on from both sides...
Run out was a bit poor though :rolleyes:
Get to 350 in front and I cant see them getting it...

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Decent watch..plenty going on from both sides...
Run out was a bit poor though :rolleyes:
Get to 350 in front and I cant see them getting it...

Havent watched any cricket (it is footy season).... a few days ago, Eng scored 500+ in a day. I see India scored 400+ in ODI with Ishant Kishan scoring fasted double century .. 200 off 123 balls.. Cricket has gone mental.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Excellent from England today, nice to see they are capable to adjust the approach to the pitch and game situation.

Harry Brook looks one hell of a player

I only watched the wickets by Ollie R & young Jimmy.... (cant take anything from him, but) Might argue Ollie got lucky/bowled in the right place, hit a crack or someting....

but that ball from Jimmy was on another planet... Just how does it move a feather, beat the batsman and still hit top of stump. The batsman is probably thinking, if i miss this, it has to miss the stump too... The look on his face sums it up. Thats the ball of the year.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sidney Thunder all out for 15 in the Big Bash!o_O
Bowled out in under 6 overs and the top scorer was 4 - even extras made 3

I was just reading about this, terrific effort.

Reminded me of a school game, we were bowled out for 14. We were made to play the oppo again as our teacher was so angry at our performance and to be honest the game had only been going 25 minutes so there was still plenty of time to do so.....

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sidney Thunder all out for 15 in the Big Bash!o_O
Bowled out in under 6 overs and the top scorer was 4 - even extras made 3
Saw the summary at the end of the first innings. The commentators were saying what a poor performance as I think they lost 5 wickets for under 20 in the last 4 overs.

They thought the result was nailed on!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I was just reading about this, terrific effort.

Reminded me of a school game, we were bowled out for 14. We were made to play the oppo again as our teacher was so angry at our performance and to be honest the game had only been going 25 minutes so there was still plenty of time to do so.....
I said similar earlier - we played a local school and their teacher said not to do a toss and let us bat first, after two overs myself and the other batsmen were ordered to retire.... We opened with a spinner and their opening bat had a huge swing and miss, I should have stumped him, but it was so obvious how bad they were I looked at the teacher for advice, only to hear the batter bellow "IN", at which point it was survival mode not to fall over laughing, under the glare of our teacher! We skittled them fairly quickly and never played them at Cricket again.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When I was Captain of Widmer End Youth Club in the Chiltern Village League of the late 70s we were once dismissed for...8
And 3 of them were LBs...
Left the club soon after - bunch of losers:ROFLMAO: