The Cricket Thread

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lanci had a great day against Surrey in an irrelevant match. 414/5 but expect it will be a draw

Question for Mudball and Fundy plus other knowledgeable cricket fans on here. How close is Keaton Jennings to going on an Overseas Tour this winter?

should be inked in to be opening this winter but the current powers that be dont like going back to those theyve already tried and discarded ..............

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lanci had a great day against Surrey in an irrelevant match. 414/5 but expect it will be a draw

Question for Mudball and Fundy plus other knowledgeable cricket fans on here. How close is Keaton Jennings to going on an Overseas Tour this winter?

It would be his third go up top and he's likely to go as the current boys aren't performing. Burns is back in contention as he's just lead Surrey to the title but unlikely to get the nod.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
should be inked in to be opening this winter but the current powers that be dont like going back to those theyve already tried and discarded ..............
It would be his third go up top and he's likely to go as the current boys aren't performing. Burns is back in contention as he's just lead Surrey to the title but unlikely to get the nod.
Has he manged to move his front foot more than 6" forward yet? If not then he is still a walking wicket for any test team. He has a good enough eye for county cricket but at the very top he is exposed.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I hope not. How many walking wickets openers do they need?

Grizzly

Visit site
I hope not. How many walking wickets openers do they need?

Its a tough one: three tests in Pakistan... Three very differently decks, unlike in the other sub continental countries, so its a lot harder to go for a horses/courses pick.

The rest of the batting roles are pretty clear- Pope, Root, Bairstow, Brook and Duckett (Jonny's fitness pending). I think Crawley will go because management has a blind spot for him, but I wonder if Lees might be moved aside - if he were, the obvious candidates are Burns, Sibley and Jennings and Jennings is the most Bazball of the three.

www.hiltonpark.net
Gutted Yorkshire went down but our batting has been lacking for a few years. We never really expect Root and Bairstow to be about but losing Malan and Brooks plus Ballance's ongoing travails have hit us hard

Grizzly

Visit site
Quite - for much of the season we have had no more than 1 of our first choice top 6. That doesn't entirely excuse the performance though - the coaches and management need to take a long hard look at their own culpability.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really enjoyed the T20 Series , great to see International cricket back in Pakistan - some have given the selectors a few headaches , tough to see what’s going to be the starting 11

For me

Buttler
Salt
Malan
Brook
Livingstone
Stokes
Ali
Rashid
Woakes
Wood
Topley

Think Duckett can count himself very unlucky but think he may see himself back in the test scene soon

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Really enjoyed the T20 Series , great to see International cricket back in Pakistan - some have given the selectors a few headaches , tough to see what’s going to be the starting 11

For me

Buttler
Salt
Malan
Brook
Livingstone
Stokes
Ali
Rashid
Woakes
Wood
Topley

Think Duckett can count himself very unlucky but think he may see himself back in the test scene soon
Looks a good team to me. Definitely need to keep Wood.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

For me

Buttler
Salt
Malan
Brook
Livingstone
Stokes
Ali
Rashid
Woakes
Wood
Topley

Only player I would add would be Alexander-Arnold, best player in the world .

Oops, sorry! Wrong thread :ROFLMAO:

Grizzly

Visit site

For me

Buttler
Salt
Malan
Brook
Livingstone
Stokes
Ali
Rashid
Woakes
Wood
Topley

I have ten of those eleven names, with the eleventh being an either/or between Woakes and Jordan - I think that one is a toss up as to which end of the innings you want support at. I would change the batting order though - I'd have Stokes at four and drop Livingstone and Brook down one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw Butler's comments after about the incident. Very restrained and a good job England ultimately won. As he said, had the match mattered he would have claimed the wicket, quite rightly.