Tees

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Makes me laugh when people get so self righteous about the environment and believe they are making a difference using a wooden tee. Has anyone checked if the paint on these wooden tee's is environmentally friendly?
If everyone on this planet switched to plastic tee's then the impact on the environment would still be a very small drop if in a massive ocean compared to the damage industry does.

And who makes those plastic tee... oh yeah...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Makes me laugh when people get so self righteous about the environment and believe they are making a difference using a wooden tee. Has anyone checked if the paint on these wooden tee's is environmentally friendly?
If everyone on this planet switched to plastic tee's then the impact on the environment would still be a very small drop if in a massive ocean compared to the damage industry does.
Yes then drive home in their 4.0 ltr diesel cars.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The suggestion is to go to Bamboo. They are not painted.

In terms of any impact, it is about marginal gains, little contributions building up and becoming bigger ones.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The suggestion is to go to Bamboo. They are not painted.

In terms of any impact, it is about marginal gains, little contributions building up and becoming bigger ones.
I always laugh when a comedian called Jim jefferies said "people are telling me to turn my TV off at night because of the red standby light used electric, you've all heard off Las Vegas right? “?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always laugh when a comedian called Jim jefferies said "people are telling me to turn my TV off at night because of the red standby light used electric, you've all heard off Las Vegas right? “?
I get that, equally I remember walking through london a few years ago and seeing huge office blocks at night fully lit up, the heating in hotels turned up to 30°C, seeing pictures of traffic gridlocked in Los Angeles, flights every 15 seconds leaving Heathrow etc. We are limited to what we as individuals can do and the impact that has, no question. Surely though it is better to do something at our level than nothing? There are major numbers of golfers around the planet. If we all stopped using plastic tees then that will add up to to less plastic being found where it should not, inside the stomachs of animals, water courses, swept out to sea etc.

It is not hard to stop buying plastic tees, there are alternatives, so why not?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is not hard to stop buying plastic tee's, there are alternatives, so why not?

I haven't purchased a tee in years. Purely because I reuse the plastic ones. I get fed up fast breaking a tee every swing. You have to bend down to throw it away anyway so why not use plastic and put it back in your pocket? I get the argument with the plastic castle tees. Even in pink I lose one or two a round

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I haven't purchased a tee in years. Purely because I reuse the plastic ones. I get fed up fast breaking a tee every swing. You have to bend down to throw it away anyway so why not use plastic and put it back in your pocket? I get the argument with the plastic castle tees. Even in pink I lose one or two a round

I get your argument about broken tees and so see your preference for castle tees. It makes sense to use them when the ground is frosty and hard as it's so hard to get a wooden tee in and it will definitely break during the shot. I like using wooden tees and funnily enough don't break too many and don't worry if I do. I have loads of them

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tell me about it.
I used a bamboo tee and pushed it right down for a hybrid shot last week.

Unfortunately the 4 in front, an old man with iron covers, a lady with a buggy, a scratch player and a junior with a limp, took so bleeding long to play the hole that by the time I could play I had to hit a driver the ball was so high.
Know what you mean.
Them scratch players are a nightmare.
Slowest player I ever met was off +2 it was painful to watch.