Tees - how much?!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agreed but we all have a lot of plastic tees in the bag so even if every club introduced a ban on them there are so many in circulation it will take years for people to stop using what they have and it is impossible to police. It will happen in time but not my lifetime

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
What do you suggest that people do with the plastic tees they own? They probably can't be recycled, landfill is not ideal so what is your solution?

Perhaps an amnesty at the pro shop?

Hand in your placcy tees with none of the stigma or fear of persecution (for being a planet killer) ;) exchange 100 tees for a lucky dip into the Pro's bucket of 2nd hand balls (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do you suggest that people do with the plastic tees they own? They probably can't be recycled, landfill is not ideal so what is your solution?
It doesn't make sense to stop using them really. As you say, alternative is the go in the bin or have to be recycled - but while they're still in use they're not polluting anything. And as sunshine proved, they could still be in use for another ten years.

Golfloveruk

Visit site
Take them to the local recycling centre where they can be sorted?

At the very least we should stop making and selling plastic tees.

I would also stop selling painted wooden tees.

It may only be a small change, and I guess given the attitudes displayed on here most donā€™t think it will make a difference, but lots of small changes make a big difference.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Take them to the local recycling centre where they can be sorted?

At the very least we should stop making and selling plastic tees.

I would also stop selling painted wooden tees.

It may only be a small change, and I guess given the attitudes displayed on here most donā€™t think it will make a difference, but lots of small changes make a big difference.
Agree that we should stop selling them , but are we 100% sure they can be recycled?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I found a big multi coloured plastic tee last year. Liked it so I bought a bag of 50 from Amazon.

I needn't have bothered. Still using the original when using the driver. That's pretty eco friendly, one tee, 18 months. Doesn't break, stays in the ground (mostly) and easy to find if it doesn't.

https://amzn.eu/d/5sgUEKm

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found one of the white 3 inch ones with the yellow stripe..Pro-Tee?
Anyway, it has a strip of gaffa tape around it and........a nail from the top to, probably, halfway down..
I'll try and fish it out and get a picture...it's a quality piece of work that must have cost way more than the tee did originally
1000003871.jpg
What a work of art....

sjw

Visit site
We found one of these on the course the other day...

I mean, come on now. What junk.