Stewart Q remote trolley

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone have one, or played with anyone who has?
I'm thinking about getting one of these to replace my now ageing Golfstream Revolution and in the sceme of things this isn't much more than the Powacaddy CT6 I was considering.
So.....any input?
Cheers

Boomy

Visit site
Anyone have one, or played with anyone who has?
I'm thinking about getting one of these to replace my now ageing Golfstream Revolution and in the sceme of things this isn't much more than the Powacaddy CT6 I was considering.
So.....any input?
Cheers

Played in an open at West Lancs last year with a guy from Leeds who had one.. I think it was an older one, he’d bought it from new, but had a long time - it was a blooming noisy thing with very jerky movements - so much so that his bag kept falling off.
I do like the idea of a remote control trolley, but was put off a little after that day, he was having to walk over to it a lot to put his bag back on, which kinda defeated the object of it. Maybe worth seeing if you can test one somewhere? or looking at Motocaddy etc as well.
I bought a CT6 not long after that, it’s great, folds up compact and is quiet. The only mistake I made is not getting the EBS model.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I have never seen the point of a remote trolley … what am I missing?
1. The handle of a manual trolley is never at the right height, a lot of my manual using friends confirm this. Holding onto the handle for best part of four hours puts a strain on the back, especially if, like mine, it's over 70 years old.

2. They put white lines around all of our greens in the winter to stop trolley traffic. This involves a lot of additional walking. It's great just to send the trolley over to the next tee & saves a bit of time.

3. In the winter I don't need to wear mitts, I can keep my hands in my pockets most of the time. I sometimes have to explain that I'm manipulating the remote control, mot "adjusting my set" ?

I've had to use a manual trolley occasionally &, after the remote control, it's frankly a pain in the arse, I really wouldn't want to be without it. I can understand why younger players might think it's unnecessary.

AliMc

Visit site
A good mate of mine has one, he treated himself for his 50th birthday. He is a member of a large society that have a week away every year, he said he took a fair bit of ribbing about it when he first appeared with it but by the end of the week everyone was asking him about it, how much it cost etc. Not for everyone and I certainly couldn't afford one but I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone so relaxed on a golf course, he just strolls around enjoying himself knowing that it will follow him

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have never seen the point of a remote trolley … what am I missing?

I had one for quite a few years, and although I walked Up the fairway with it as if it were a normal electric trolley, it was so useful in certain situations.

As well as the things maninblack said, I found it really useful when searching for a ball in long rough where you can’t take the trolley. Sometimes you finish looking 30yds further on than where you started, and to bring the trolley up level with you is very handy.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had one for quite a few years, and although I walked Up the fairway with it as if it were a normal electric trolley, it was so useful in certain situations.

As well as the things maninblack said, I found it really useful when searching for a ball in long rough where you can’t take the trolley. Sometimes you finish looking 30yds further on than where you started, and to bring the trolley up level with you is very handy.
I think you meant to type 30 yards further BACK! ?

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
I would get one without a doubt if I could afford it. I’d also take all the friendly Piss taking from the group of guys I play with and have a huge smile on my face. It’s golf and having a laugh is a huge part of it. I love when someone is hitting heir brand new driver of the first. Everyone knows how much he paid and he is hugely nervous. Trust me if he spanks it right down the middle he will let you know.

D

Deleted member 21445

I have the Stewart X9 follow and remote control trolley.

Happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I bought Tricky Trev’s Motocaddy remote. It’s a thing of beauty. He bought the Stewart follow. The top of the range one. Second time he used it one of the motors packed up. It went back. Within a month he had snapped the handle in two. With the Motocaddy the front wheel will spin 360. The Stewart has two front wheels so it won’t spin manually. He pushed down on the handle to move it 90 degrees left by lifting the front wheels and the handle snapped. He was livid. When it is working it is an excellent trolley. But it is flimsy. They sent him a spare handle ( they actually sent two). Which he fitted himself.
Talking to Trev he is full of regret that he bought it. He reckons it is very expensive for what he paid And got.
First time he used it, it went straight into a bunker. God it was funny. Another time it set off and he had not noticed until it made a noise. He turned round and it had hit the post which holds a life belt in front of one of the ponds at our place. A yard either side and it would of gone in the pond.
Oddly enough a Couple of PPs were on about it on Thursday. Once he has putted out he gets his remote out and moves the trolley towards the next tee. The lads were narked because it is rattling and clattering along the paths whilst they are putting out and is off putting. They collared him about it and he was sorry not realising what he was doing.
I think he regrets getting rid of the Motocaddy remote.

D

Deleted member 21445

I bought Tricky Trev’s Motocaddy remote. It’s a thing of beauty. He bought the Stewart follow. The top of the range one. Second time he used it one of the motors packed up. It went back. Within a month he had snapped the handle in two. With the Motocaddy the front wheel will spin 360. The Stewart has two front wheels so it won’t spin manually. He pushed down on the handle to move it 90 degrees left by lifting the front wheels and the handle snapped. He was livid. When it is working it is an excellent trolley. But it is flimsy. They sent him a spare handle ( they actually sent two). Which he fitted himself.
Talking to Trev he is full of regret that he bought it. He reckons it is very expensive for what he paid And got.
First time he used it, it went straight into a bunker. God it was funny. Another time it set off and he had not noticed until it made a noise. He turned round and it had hit the post which holds a life belt in front of one of the ponds at our place. A yard either side and it would of gone in the pond.
Oddly enough a Couple of PPs were on about it on Thursday. Once he has putted out he gets his remote out and moves the trolley towards the next tee. The lads were narked because it is rattling and clattering along the paths whilst they are putting out and is off putting. They collared him about it and he was sorry not realising what he was doing.
I think he regrets getting rid of the Motocaddy remote.

Just for some balance I've had the Stewart X9 follow for 3 years and had no issues what so ever.
Wonderful piece of kit from my experience.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the Q remote and have had it since about September. If you have never used a remote trolley before it will take a bit of getting used to, but as others have said above there are many times a remote trolley will come into its own a save you a bit of time out on the course.

happy to answer any questions.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the Q remote and have had it since about September. If you have never used a remote trolley before it will take a bit of getting used to, but as others have said above there are many times a remote trolley will come into its own a save you a bit of time out on the course.

happy to answer any questions.
How robust do you think it is, and how noisey is it over non grass?
Theres a chap who plays in our group from time to time who has an older model, and he has had 3 sets of rear wheels and 1 set of front wheels in the 10 years he has had it. The mass of plastic bodywork also seems flimsy(the lack of this is one reason the Q remote appeals)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Had the x3 many years ago and hammered it. Sold it to carry clubs then a few years later bought a powercaddy. The handle height was never right and the quality wasn’t as good so bought an x9 follow. The follow function is amazing when cold or in the rain as you can hold your brolly.

you’ll find they are a lot bigger and a bit heavier which is great in the wind but the company are awesome for spares.

Personally I prefers the x version as the Q series looks a bit recycled but by function you’ll love it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just for some balance I've had the Stewart X9 follow for 3 years and had no issues what so ever.
Wonderful piece of kit from my experience.

?. the Motocaddy remote I bought, I knew it had problems. And it has cost me some serious brass to get it running perfect. But the guy I used was an official Motocaddy repair guy. I went to his place four times dropping off and picking up my trolley. His garage was rammed with trolleys of all makes and models. Speaking to the guys dad, they have all makes that Break down but the more they can do as a trolley, more can and does break down.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How robust do you think it is, and how noisey is it over non grass?
Theres a chap who plays in our group from time to time who has an older model, and he has had 3 sets of rear wheels and 1 set of front wheels in the 10 years he has had it. The mass of plastic bodywork also seems flimsy(the lack of this is one reason the Q remote appeals)
The base is very stable and I have never felt it would tip over. If you do hold the handle it does seem to bounce a little but would not make me think it was flimsy.
Due to having twin motors the trolley is very heavy, I don’t know how this compares to other remote version but if you have to carry it any distance for storage it’s something to factor in.
I have only really used it on grass or across the tarmac in the car park but would say it’s no louder than on grass.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Saw tricky Trev today, I had heard he had sent his Stewart follow back. The base unit had snapped in two. They have replaced the base, back wheels. Literally everything bar the motors, They have already changed one motor. He is that fed up he is now on about selling it and buying a Motocaddy.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw tricky Trev today, I had heard he had sent his Stewart follow back. The base unit had snapped in two. They have replaced the base, back wheels. Literally everything bar the motors, They have already changed one motor. He is that fed up he is now on about selling it and buying a Motocaddy.
I’m glad I never bought the Stewart I was looking at. There’s 2 chaps at my club that have Stewart’s and both wouldn’t buy another.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

It’s sounds like Trigger’s broom