Stewart trolley

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Wouldn’t judge people on the trolleys they use , Stewart are certainly marmite in terms of looks , they are very heavy and expensive but the remote control is supposed to be the best - rick loved his

I would prefer to look at the Motocaddy one
The Q is a fair bit different the previous models, a friend who has an older one always has problems with mud collecting on it. The new one looks less prone to that.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t get one if…

You care that many will think you a knob and feel the need to express said view every time Stewart’s are mentioned in the forum.

You plan to renovate your bathroom and kitchen and have absolutely nowhere else to store your trolley.

I have one. I like it.
The first person I ever met who was 'sporting' a Stewart was GM Legend Rick Garg & he was certainly no Knob

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The first person I ever met who was 'sporting' a Stewart was GM Legend Rick Garg & he was certainly no Knob

And neither is Troy!

I actually quite liked seeing him zipping his trolley around the course yesterday 😂 they’re very clever bits of kit

D

Deleted member 15344

The Q is a fair bit different the previous models, a friend who has an older one always has problems with mud collecting on it. The new one looks less prone to that.

There were some issues with the Q to start with and would always be very worried about it going a bit mental

A guy in the swindle has recently bought a standard one but didn’t use it during the winter too much because it wasn’t great in very soft ground

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had the q follow for around 3 years. I enjoy using it and it folds up really small so it can easily fit in the boot. However they are heavy, so although compact when you go to lift them it is a bit of a shock!
Would I get another one when I want to change? I'm not sure. I don't think the outlay is necessarily justified for the follow technology and I'd probably just go with a simple remote option on a Motocaddy etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

It seems a lot of hassle to carry a tool kit to deal with likely breakdowns.

Sounds like it would be better to get a caddy or a buggy.

Don’t think the amount of breakdowns is much - had my leccy trolley for 5 years and have had one issue with it

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Current trolley is about 15 years old. Had to change the wheels but other than that it's been solid

D

Deleted member 1147

Common sense would suggest that not having to carry an item is going to be better for the back. Not having to bother steering it manually etc would be easier as no stooping or using physical force.
So a remote/follow trolley should be a benefit if you have the money to buy one.
But beware the accidents that all new owners seem to have; lakes, bunkers and hollows will all come up to swallow a badly driven remote trolley.

Last edited by a moderator:

scottac20

Club Champion
Visit site
I got a Stewart Vertx a few months a go and its been a game changer for me having suffered with a really bad back for the last few years. I had a normal motocaddy electric trolley and still found that the second half of rounds my back was starting to tighten up and I wasn't able to finish some rounds. I think this was mainly because although it still powered itself I still had to hold it to direct it and for going up/down hills. With the remote and rarely having to hold it(only when on very rough gravel paths) I can walk upright and I'm finding I'm still going strong at the end of rounds. Only issue is its bloody heavy getting it in and out of the car and takes up a lot more space than my previous trolleys.

I did feel like a bit of a knob to start with as I know there's a bit of snobbery about remote trolley but after a round I really didn't care due to the benefits its given me. Ultimately I don't get the mentality of folk that think having a trolley could make someone a knob and I'm pretty sure it says a lot more about them! Think its probably part of the British psyche where anyone with something that could be perceived to be better than us must be a knob or have something wrong, and it can't just be that they've decided to spend their money on a fancy trolley, nice car etc!

sunshine

Visit site
I got a Stewart Vertx a few months a go and its been a game changer for me having suffered with a really bad back for the last few years. I had a normal motocaddy electric trolley and still found that the second half of rounds my back was starting to tighten up and I wasn't able to finish some rounds. I think this was mainly because although it still powered itself I still had to hold it to direct it and for going up/down hills. With the remote and rarely having to hold it(only when on very rough gravel paths) I can walk upright and I'm finding I'm still going strong at the end of rounds. Only issue is its bloody heavy getting it in and out of the car and takes up a lot more space than my previous trolleys.

I did feel like a bit of a knob to start with as I know there's a bit of snobbery about remote trolley but after a round I really didn't care due to the benefits its given me. Ultimately I don't get the mentality of folk that think having a trolley could make someone a knob and I'm pretty sure it says a lot more about them! Think its probably part of the British psyche where anyone with something that could be perceived to be better than us must be a knob or have something wrong, and it can't just be that they've decided to spend their money on a fancy trolley, nice car etc!
Good post.

As I mentioned in my post, I don’t think owning a remote trolley makes you a knob. It’s just knobs all seem to have Stewart trolleys 😂

Same goes for nice cars. Driving a Ferrari doesn’t make you a knob, but why is it always the Ferrari drivers who park badly and take up two spaces in the golf club car park?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
My old boss had one and he had some real build quality problems with his, the handle snapped twice along with some other issues.

They are a clever bit of kit though and he does love his (even if he is a knob ;))

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to try one out courtesy of the forum and Stewart.

Really great bits of kit, the follow makes such a difference. I had ordered one, but due to covid the delivery times were being pushed back. In that time I realised I should enjoy carrying for the last few years I can!

It will be my next trolley. The new q series just look like normal trolleys.