Stewart trolley

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Thinking of treating myself to a new trolley , anyone using the Stewart Q follow ? Any thoughts on it ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Thinking of treating myself to a new trolley , anyone using the Stewart Q follow ? Any thoughts on it ?

A guy I know has one, had to move it several times when renovating his bathroom and kitchen, to get to the gear, and they are not light.

I’ve never used one myself, but think they’re a bit ott in terms of what a golf trolley is there to do.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
A guy I know has one, had to move it several times when renovating his bathroom and kitchen, to get to the gear, and they are not light.

I’ve never used one myself, but think they’re a bit ott in terms of what a golf trolley is there to do.
Yeah I read they are not light. I guess all the extra electrics and stability don't help.

sunshine

Visit site

Whenever I've had the misfortune of playing golf with a bell end, they tend to have an expensive Stewart trolley like this.

Obviously, using one of these trollies doesn't make you a bell end, but you have to accept that people may judge you when they see you on the course.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve had the x3 remote, sold it and tried a couple of other big brands and hated them by comparison. I now have the x9 follow and it’s excellent. Yes they are heavy but incredibly stable. The particular benefit is having it follow me in the rain while I walk along under my brolley.

My only feedback is that they’ve not really progressed with the newer models other than the battery telling you how much is left via an app. I’d recommend the cheaper x10. I think they look better too. Dimensions and weight at not really different. You’d also be much better spending the difference on the extended battery. normal ones last really well but lithium depletes around 3% year on year so the bigger battery will save you money in the long run.

P.s. I can also confirm the ones who use them at my club are not bell ends 😉

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To be fair, I'd rather have a push trolley, or simply carry - trolleys are a faff, electric trolleys are a bigger faff than a push trolley, and I can't think why I'd want to add a heavy electric trolley into the equation.
If I could afford £1600 on a trolley, I could afford £20 to hire a buggy on the exceedingly rare occasion I felt like I needed to diminish the health benefits walking round the golf course provides.

Each to their own of course.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’m sure the OP was more interested in user feedback on how the trolley functions, not whether people could afford one or not! 🤦‍♂️

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one on order, fully paid for it but they kept putting the delivery date back so cancelled the order, got a refund and bought a remote Motocaddy.
Chap I play with from time to time has a Stewart. It had so much done to it, including 3 or 4 sets of wheels, various bodywork bits fallen off and recently an electronic unit, that thankfully for him they diagnosed wrong on the first visit so had to do it FOC on the second. I think he said the electronic unit was about £700. He wouldnt buy another he says.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I had one on order, fully paid for it but they kept putting the delivery date back so cancelled the order, got a refund and bought a remote Motocaddy.
Chap I play with from time to time has a Stewart. It had so much done to it, including 3 or 4 sets of wheels, various bodywork bits fallen off and recently an electronic unit, that thankfully for him they diagnosed wrong on the first visit so had to do it FOC on the second. I think he said the electronic unit was about £700. He wouldnt buy another he says.
Have to say the only repairs I’ve had done have been purely through misuse. Other than that it’s not been phased.

That reminds me of one useful tip if the op does get one. I’ve had the fuse blow on me twice for trying to steer in in stupid scenarios. This is designed to protect the motors. My mate has never had this issue but I carry a spare fuse, small screwdriver and pair of tweezers just in case. It’s a 5min job and happened to me twice, due to stupidity, over the 4 years I’ve had it.

My last trolley, a powakaddy, ripped through a gear box in 15 months which was much more costly.

In response to other comments on here. If if the OP has the dosh then he could waste his money far more easily on other golf kit. These are solid and a decent investment in making a round easier.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have to say the only repairs I’ve had done have been purely through misuse. Other than that it’s not been phased.

That reminds me of one useful tip if the op does get one. I’ve had the fuse blow on me twice for trying to steer in in stupid scenarios. This is designed to protect the motors. My mate has never had this issue but I carry a spare fuse, small screwdriver and pair of tweezers just in case. It’s a 5min job and happened to me twice, due to stupidity, over the 4 years I’ve had it.

My last trolley, a powakaddy, ripped through a gear box in 15 months which was much more costly.

In response to other comments on here. If if the OP has the dosh then he could waste his money far more easily on other golf kit. These are solid and a decent investment in making a round easier.
Really convenient carrying those items whilst playing golf. 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn’t judge people on the trolleys they use , Stewart are certainly marmite in terms of looks , they are very heavy and expensive but the remote control is supposed to be the best - rick loved his

I would prefer to look at the Motocaddy one

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Really convenient carrying those items whilst playing golf. 😂
Not everyone wants to carry and there’s plenty of evidence that carrying can costs shot due to extra fatigue. 😉

also, as mention above, the op asked for advice on Stewart trollies which I can give him. Not alternatives to Stewart trollies 🙂