Best Remote Controlled Trolley/Does any electric trolley manufacturer cater for tall golfers?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Good, apart from looking like a knob now (see the "Stewart trolley" thread)... it's only ended up in a bunker once so far and that was user error!

The app to check the battery is a bit weird as it doesn't save the battery name once you've paired it over bluetooth, so you need to remember the battery name if you ever want to check the battery status. Not a problem most of the time but the first time I used the app I was in the car park and three Stewart batteries showed up and I had no idea which was mine. But my old trolley didn't have any way to check the battery status at all and I've not actually had to check the battery status since trying the app as I only play 18 holes.

It is incredibly heavy, even without the battery in it. Getting it in and out the car when folded requires a bit of effort. It's difficult to turn it manually using the handle as it's so heavy, but the trick is to go a bit faster (preset 2 is a good speed) and then turning it using the handle is easy. Bu that's only needed when on paths or in the car park.

Other than that it has been excellent on the course. It's so nice walking around the course freely with just the remote in my hand. I send it around the green to the next tee whilst I wander onto the green to putt out. And I love it when I've walked 30 yards through the rough to find my ball and can then call my trolley over.

A friend did mention that he doesn't use his MGI during the winter as the single front wheel struggles in the wet/boggy conditions, and another guy doesn't use his older Stewart trolley in the winter as you can't pressure wash it (you're only supposed to use an air hose). Another guy with a Stewart trolley said he uses it throughout the winter and said it doesn't struggle with the wet/boggy conditions. My course isn't boggy yet but I did notice the wheels were starting to pick up mud on them due to the weight of the trolley, whereas a friend who has a Motocaddy was mud-free on his wheels. So the verdict is out on performance in those conditions until later.

If you're tall then not having to use the handle all the time will be a help for your back. They do an extended umbrella holder which increases the height of the umbrella, although they say you're only supposed to put the umbrella in it when stationary?!

Sign up to their newsletter as they do discounts throughout the year at various times e.g. Fathers Day. Also, if you add the trolley to your basket after logging in, and then leave it 24 hours, you might receive an email giving you an extra 10% off to complete your sale!

Brilliant review, many thanks for sharing.

One of the things reserving me from the purchase is that I'd probably not use it through the winter months as our course is boggy AND hilly :D