Motocaddy M7 Remote GPS overheating

Odi

Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought the Motocaddy M7 Remote GPS, it's been great but... Now that the weather is warming up, it's been sunny and over 26C (about 80F), the software on the trolley crashes (the trolley just dies). Both times I've had this happen, it took about 30-40 minutes for this to happen. The touchscreen feels really hot to touch, so I'm suspecting that whatever system is installed in the handle is overheating. At this point, rebooting the trolley doesn't really help, since after booting up it crashed in a minute or so.

So i'm wondering has anyone else had this issue and if so, has Motocaddy been able to fix the issue? I have checked, but there are no software updates for the device at the moment. Motocaddy support asked me to take it/ship it to a service agent (there is none close to where I live), but I'm kind of worried that if I do, I'll spend the rest of the summer without it.

Aquatechdean

Visit site
Hi I have only had my m7 for a week now around 3 rounds played. Mine does get hot but not crashed yet! Are you having any issues with the Bluetooth connectivity with your phone at all? Mine will not connect after pairing so can't get phone notifications to come up on the screen!?

Odi

Visit site
Hi I have only had my m7 for a week now around 3 rounds played. Mine does get hot but not crashed yet! Are you having any issues with the Bluetooth connectivity with your phone at all? Mine will not connect after pairing so can't get phone notifications to come up on the screen!?
Hi,

I've paired my phone but I've actually kept the BT turned off on the trolley, since I rather not even see my messages when I'm golfing. I can check next weekend when I'm out for a round if it still works. Likewise let me know if yours crashes after a hot summer day in the sun.

Gds

Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought the Motocaddy M7 Remote GPS, it's been great but... Now that the weather is warming up, it's been sunny and over 26C (about 80F), the software on the trolley crashes (the trolley just dies). Both times I've had this happen, it took about 30-40 minutes for this to happen. The touchscreen feels really hot to touch, so I'm suspecting that whatever system is installed in the handle is overheating. At this point, rebooting the trolley doesn't really help, since after booting up it crashed in a minute or so.

So i'm wondering has anyone else had this issue and if so, has Motocaddy been able to fix the issue? I have checked, but there are no software updates for the device at the moment. Motocaddy support asked me to take it/ship it to a service agent (there is none close to where I live), but I'm kind of worried that if I do, I'll spend the rest of the summer without it.
Same issues here! Mine is three months old but I am experiencing the same. Erratic remote control as wel. And in manual mode erratic speedcontrol.

I am returning to a service point next week.

Mike Netherlands

Visit site
Same issues here. M-Tech without remote control. Hopefully some knows the solution or have some extra information about the problem. My service point has no clue at the moment and they would contact Motocaddy. My Motocaddy is 2 months old.

Odi

Visit site
Ok, after playing the whole summer. It's definitely an overheating problem. I started covering the handle with a damp cloth when the weather is really hot, it seems to help. Without something to cool it, it will crash when the weather gets closer to 30C.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Ok, after playing the whole summer. It's definitely an overheating problem. I started covering the handle with a damp cloth when the weather is really hot, it seems to help. Without something to cool it, it will crash when the weather gets closer to 30C.
Move to Scotland. It'll never be a problem.